Alli

Weekend thread | IT Floats again in its 4th weekend: 17.3M...Cruise and Kingsman fight it out for 2nd: 17.016 and 17.0

American Made per CinemaScore reports that only 9% under 25 bought tickets to the movie, as opposed to 91% over the age of 25.

I know it was Rated R, but this is damn bad number, considering younger audiences drive the BO

• ...wtf 1

Just now, Alli said:

American Made per CinemaScore reports that only 9% under 25 bought tickets to the movie, as opposed to 91% over the age of 25.

I know it was Rated R, but this is damn bad number, considering younger audiences drive the BO

:jeb!: 

This is actually a good thing because AM is now a clear adult alternative throughout October.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

This is actually a good thing because AM is now a clear adult alternative throughout October.

Ford could pull some of the older crowd next weekend. But AM will have solid legs I think.

Edited by a2knet

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

May be. Like "The Judge" with RDJ, but with best audience score.

I think 70 mln on the table.

Edited by KeepItU25071906

9 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

With Stanton's passing and strong reviews I really thought this would pull a five-figure PTA. The man's gonna stay way underappreciated after death too smh.

On the other hand, it was put out by Magnolia Films. It likely would've fared better in the hands of a much better distributor.

• Like 1

WAR OF APES

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $146,457,659    30.9%
Foreign:  $327,692,790    69.1%

= Worldwide:  $474,150,449  

480-485M with Japan. Good compared to the 150M prod budget (3.2x) but no spins : big drop from the 700M+ DAWN tally.
Edited by a2knet

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

On the other hand, it was put out by Magnolia Films. It likely would've fared better in the hands of a much better distributor.

Agree with the second part but Magnolia has had a bunch of limited successes too. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alli said:

Should be a good thing for legs though. Older audiences don't rush out as fast to see movies they are interested in watching. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Should be a good thing for legs though. Older audiences don't rush out as fast to see movies they are interested in watching. 

We shall see about legs. October is full of movies targeting the adult audience

Holy crap IT is actually estimated to be number one in a super close race. Here's hoping it stays number one when all is said and done. IT hitting 600mil worldwide will be so sweet. 

American Made's opening is pretty good. It will need to hold up under the adult skewing Blade Runner to hit 60-70mil.

Kingsman 2 drop is mediocre. Not terrible nor good. We will see if it can withstand Blade Runner next weekend. Still not making as much as the first domestically. 

Flatliners bombed to the surprise of no one. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6

6 minutes ago, a2knet said:
WAR OF APES

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $146,457,659    30.9%
Foreign:  $327,692,790    69.1%

= Worldwide:  $474,150,449  

480-485M with Japan. Good compared to the 150M prod budget (3.2x) but no spins : big drop from the 700M+ DAWN tally.

WW numbers still hasn't been updated.