grim22

MIB International | June 14 2019 | F Gary Gray directing | Hemsworth, Ferguson, Neeson, Thompson and Thompson

Not doubting FGG but tone-wise, can he handle wacky comedy?

Because Men In Black's appeal to me is the idiosynchratic tone, Sonnenfeld being buddy with the Coens and Sam Raimi, sharing that slapstick and absurdist sensibility was a big part of its DNA.

That and Danny Elfman's incredible main theme.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Hide contents
  Hide contents

but jason statham fights while carrying a baby

Point taken but even that wasn't as good as it could have been due to the suckitude of everything surrounding it. Bleh.

• Disbelief 1

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Bland role in Thor 3 over the breakout comedy role of the year?

:winomg:

yeh ok 😂

You and I have a different understanding of bland and also she was terrific in Creed and Annihilation, that's three solid performances in very different roles.

• Like 6

Ugh.

Tessa and Hemsworth?

I guess the producers loved Thor Ragnarok (which I actually loved, but the Thor/Valkyrie interactions were not exactly my favorite part of it).

Haddish would have been a better choice, in my opinion.

I'd love to see Hemsworth interacting with an actress whose comedic sensibility is as raw and unfiltered as Haddish's.

3 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Real talk though Taika would be perfect for this. Ditch that nazi rabbit nonsense. 

I agree with the first part but...

I want the Nazi rabbit nonsense :thinking:  (People say the script is good. I did read it myself but I have not read any other scripts ever so I have no gauge of whether it is good or not. I like it tho).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I agree with the first part but...

I want the Nazi rabbit nonsense :thinking:  (People say the script is good. I did read it myself but I have not read any other scripts ever so I have no gauge of whether it is good or not. I like it tho).

He can pull a Spielberg and do the nazi rabbit thing while this is in post-production. Make this the highest grossing movie of all time, then win Best Picture for that one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1