Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Boy Erased left me both outraged and heartbroken: outraged at not only something so barbaric actually existing but somehow still being considered legal in so much of the country, heartbroken for those who have and those who still do believe that enduring such cruelty will somehow change them and allow them to fit in with everyone else.

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

Boy Erased left me both outraged and heartbroken: outraged at not only something so barbaric actually existing but somehow still being considered legal in so much of the country, heartbroken for those who have and those who still do believe that enduring such cruelty will somehow change them and allow them to fit in with everyone else.

Also want to add that it's also the latest example of how ridiculous the MPAA rating system is. Absurd that this is deemed inappropriate for teenagers to watch when they should watch it (the R rating is almost entirely because of

Spoiler

a very disturbing rape scene)

while Venom, in which plenty of people get violently killed, is considered perfectly fine for them.

Edited by filmlover

3 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

was just in a HMV and noticed a weird thing they're doing now; exclusive blu ray covers where deadpool "photobombs" other movies. wtf

deadpool-dvds.jpg

Walmart released these here in the US back in April/May when Dead2ool was coming out. They're only special slipcovers; the original packaging is on the case itself. Fox does this pretty often with various themes

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Knock It Off 1

Widows friggin' ruled. Definitely not the 12 Years a Slave followup I would have expected from Steve McQueen, but it hits that sweet spot of twisty thriller, crowd-pleaser, and artistic accomplishment.

But I continue to get progressively more Han-esque with regard to my tolerance for The Olds at the local cinema. The same guys who jabbered throughout First Man were back for this one today and back at it for the first 15 minutes or so of this movie. I was pleasantly surprised when I hadn't heard them for a while... only to realize that it was because one of them had fallen asleep and started snoring.

Also, I've seen the trailer for The Mule at least a half-dozen times in the last month, and every time I do, the elder patrons in attendance start talking about Clint Eastwood as soon as he appears onscreen. It kinda feels like dogs barking at the TV because they think they recognize another dog on it. :lol:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PANDA said:

When your Let’s Go! Pikachu game was supposed to come in Friday but Amazon delivery delays it to Tuesday :(

Walked into Best Buy and avoided the wait game. The Pokeball plays the Pokecenter jingle. I died of cuteness.