Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

37 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Little Mermaid mania is about to be in full force from Disney.

I GUESSSSS two years is enough breathing room but, ugh, you can't go from QUEEN LATIFAH to Melissa McCarthy for Ursula.  It's such a downgrade.  Hopefully this will get her the gig in the Movie.  and LOL at Shaggy.  Maybe Titus is done with the role?  Didn't want to do it like a third time.

Though I really like the November date since it's basically a week to the exact date of the 30th Anniversary of it's theatrical release.

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I GUESSSSS two years is enough breathing room but, ugh, you can't go from QUEEN LATIFAH to Melissa McCarthy for Ursula.  It's such a downgrade.  Hopefully this will get her the gig in the Movie.  and LOL at Shaggy.  Maybe Titus is done with the role?  Didn't want to do it like a third time.

McCarthy is pretty much a done deal lol. FWIW this was supposed to be done two years ago but got scrapped so I guess they revived it in time for the 30th anniversary (they also had the Hollywood Bowl performance earlier this year).

Although this isn't the only property about to get major new exposure. We've got a West Side Story stage revival and the Spielberg remake coming next year. Some of the same actors are even in both.

6 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Though I really like the November date since it's basically a week to the exact date of the 30th Anniversary of it's theatrical release.

Melissa McCarthy has been cast. It's set in stone. Unless McCarthy abandons ship or something, she is Ursula.

5 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn Benfica x Sporting did a whopping 22.5% / 46.6% result, despite being a lopsided squash and having parallel transmission on SportTV. The Tour of Portugal also hit 22% share. You would think that RTP1's result would have been better than 20.3%, but it wasn't. RTP just bombs on Sundays. Still, phenomenal result for their standards.

On SIC, 15.5% was their total. The Farmer Wants A Wife did not bomb as expected. It did 8.9% / 17.5%. For a "best of the season" episode that went against a massive football game, could've been way worse. Just For Laughs premiered to 8% / 19% starting at nearly 11PM and also facing a little of the game-related broadcast, which is impressive. Vida Selvagem was the highlight, though. 7.9% rating and 28.2% SHARE :ohmygod:  And Primeiro Jornal was the 2nd most watched show of the day, with 9.2% / 29.1% :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: Their afternoon was also solid, with Fama Show and Fast & Furious: Tokyo Drift doing pretty decently. A catastrophic 14.8% share for Jornal da Noite was one of the culprits for a not higher result.

TVI had a not too good 13.8%. Somos Portugal did okay, 5.2% / 16.9%. They probably had a decent morning too. But the news broadcasts and Your Face Sounds Familiar were rough, as, share-wise, only Jornal da Uma did better than 15% (15.5%). Jornal das 8 sank just under 14% (13.9%) and YFSF did 14.6%.

RTP1 is still hilarious sometimes, they must have sinked hard in the betweens the tour and the big game.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

RTP1 is still hilarious sometimes, they must have sinked hard in the betweens the tour and the big game.

Pretty much, yeah.

Btw, I saw Win Your Wish List's premiere and, honestly, I thought it was kinda shit. Not horrible or anything, but pretty cringey. Fun games but super unsophisticated presentation. That being said, it's Cristina and it's a new game show on SIC, so it's going to do high. I mean, Just For Laughs Season 1883192191921998 did great against a football game and Farmer is still kicking high, after all.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Pretty much, yeah.

Btw, I saw Win Your Wish List's premiere and, honestly, I thought it was kinda shit. Not horrible or anything, but pretty cringey. Fun games but super unsophisticated presentation. That being said, it's Cristina and it's a new game show on SIC, so it's going to do high. I mean, Just For Laughs Season 1883192191921998 did great against a football game and Farmer is still kicking high, after all.

I am expecting 30% share for the premiere, with Fernando Mendes sinking to 15% share and TVI with 6-7% share.

Edited by CJohn

5 hours ago, filmlover said:

lol Euphoria

@CJohn

Euphoria was absolute madness and I loved it. Those final seconds fucking lol. Zendaya just bursting into singing turning into a musical number out of fucking NOWHERE was insane.

Edited by CJohn

We interrupt this Classic Conversation thread to bring you this shameless advertisement:

Have you seen the TV show Survivor and thought about competing on it, ultimately choosing not to compete because you aren't acclimated to the demands of surviving on an island? Do you wish there was a version of Survivor centered around Box Office and presented with much lower stakes that you can play on the internet for free without having to travel all the way to a different country?

Introducing the brand new sixth season of the classic BOT game, Box Office Survivor! Players predict weekend box office grosses and play elimination-style game in which one player is voted out each week! The game is also accompanied by a script-style story starring character versions of the hosts and the contestants!

(And I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post another advertisement the day after I posted the first one, so let me know if I'm not allowed to do that...)

• Like 1

I usually don't post on here about my day job (50% privacy 50% you don't care) but in my legislative role for the County Commission we are going to be looking heavily at increasing film incentives and making a concentrated effort to attract the film industry down here in a response to what is happening in Georgia, so been doing alot of interesting briefs/research/talking points on that. A good progressive opportunity to bring in relatively high-paying, unionized jobs that benefit our arts and culture footprint. Pinewood Ft. Lauderdale here we come baby

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

I usually don't post on here about my day job (50% privacy 50% you don't care) but in my legislative role for the County Commission we are going to be looking heavily at increasing film incentives and making a concentrated effort to attract the film industry down here in a response to what is happening in Georgia, so been doing alot of interesting briefs/research/talking points on that. A good progressive opportunity to bring in relatively high-paying, unionized jobs that benefit our arts and culture footprint. Pinewood Ft. Lauderdale here we come baby

You're one step away from having Papa Feige work next door. Imagine that!

• Astonished 1

2 hours ago, DAR said:

@CoolioD1  @filmlover   Yesterday I thought Succession was back.  I went to the HBO Now app and was refreshing for a good ten minutes like an asshole and getting legit pissed.   

August is gonna be a busy TV month for me between Glow, Succession, and Mindhunter returning plus Dark Crystal (cause of course!). Possibly The Righteous Gemstones and On Becoming a God in Central Florida too if I hear good things about them.

8 hours ago, filmlover said:

McCarthy is pretty much a done deal lol. FWIW this was supposed to be done two years ago but got scrapped so I guess they revived it in time for the 30th anniversary (they also had the Hollywood Bowl performance earlier this year).

Although this isn't the only property about to get major new exposure. We've got a West Side Story stage revival and the Spielberg remake coming next year. Some of the same actors are even in both.

i hope McCarthy gets in even though it looks like she won't.