Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

14 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Is Stranger Things S2 any good? 

About the same in quality as the first season imo

I'd skip Episode 7 if I were you. It's easily the weakest episode out of both seasons combined and feels like it's from a totally different show.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

Yup, at least I'll feel a cool breeze in my room. Big heat just leaves me feeling exhausted and sweating constantly, in or out of the house. 

My room during the semester has no air conditioning.  Cold is definitely more comfortable to sleep in

• Like 1

So weird incident today

I was helping serve the alumni at a tailgate game with other people from my college (Business school).  Well there's one girl there around a year younger than me, visually speaking she was noticeably solid 10.  Two of my friends were going on about how attractive she was, and kept trying to flirt with her (very overt attempts).  Another one of my friend's came up to me and said (I assumed jokingly), "You should hit on her too."  I just kind of shrugged and kept working, thinking you don't need to flirt with every attractive girl you see.

Well a little bit later, I'm talking to another one of my friend's about my work (I'm a tutor and research assistant).  Well soon I notice the girl's standing right next to me, a little in my bubble given the area was pretty open.  Well then she's engaged in the conversation and laughing at things I'm saying, even though none of it was funny or really attempts at joking (I was pretty sluggish I thought), so I'm just like Wtf?

She keeps talking to me, and then I walk to the game with a group.  I go to sit down, with the half of the group I walked with sitting down first, and she sits down next to me and talks to me throughout the game.  I guess apparently I had taught tutor sessions for one of her classes before because she knew who I was.  

I really didnt flirt or anything and probably acted probably was a little more blunt than usual.  I even was about to leave first quarter (it was a bad game and cold) so I could get to my friend's Halloween party earlie, and she said I shouldn't leave and such (after a few others already had).  Not sure what to make of it, should I have taken it as an opportunity?  I really didn't think anything of it until I left after halftime to go to the party (and then I forgot about it again until now, once I got back)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, La Binoche said:

Is Stranger Things S2 any good? 

It's a lot weaker, imo. I was very disappointed with it. The storylines are less interesting, the characters and the interactions between them are less engaging, it does not possess the same charm as season 1, and the soundtrack is largely the same.

7 hours ago, filmlover said:

@WrathOfHan local arthouse theaters have updated their schedules for new releases: The Shape of Water will be opening December 15 and I, Tonya will be opening January 5. Expect them to open near you not long after.

I think there's 0 chance I get to see SOW before the end of the year but thanks for hope :lol: 

5 minutes ago, AJG said:

TOP 10 WORST FILMS OF THE YEAR SO FAR BITCH!!!!!

1. Great Wall

2. Resident Evil

3. Transformer 5

4. Fifty Shades 2

5. Dark Tower

6. All Eyez On Me

7. The Mummy

8. Despicable Me 3

9. Boss Baby

10. XXX 3

10. The House

9. Raw