Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

Didn't really get the hype tbh. Just playing with your glasses and having a bunch of peanut butter in your room does not a character make. Doesn't help the movie itself just flat-out wasn't good.

1) sorry as previously established the movie is perfect

2) not just peanut butter T U R K E Y  B A C O N  D O N U T S

3) even if you don't like the movie i don't get not digging the performance. like i said earlier he's playing totally against type and it never once feels gimmicky. there's such a deep vulnerability there i don't think we've ever seen from Denzel before who's spent his whole career playing alphas. the scene where he's begging carmen ejogo for a job trying to seem prideful but having a total emotional break down nonetheless stands tall against any of his best work in malcolm x or training day or whatever.

• Like 2

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

1) sorry as previously established the movie is perfect

2) not just peanut butter T U R K E Y  B A C O N  D O N U T S

3) even if you don't like the movie i don't get not digging the performance. like i said earlier he's playing totally against type and it never once feels gimmicky. there's such a deep vulnerability there i don't think we've ever seen from Denzel before who's spent his whole career playing alphas. the scene where he's begging carmen ejogo for a job trying to seem prideful but having a total emotional break down nonetheless stands tall against any of his best work in malcolm x or training day or whatever.

Admittedly, I was watching the movie late at night super tired, so maybe I'll think differently on a rewatch, but I don't really remember anything memorable or exceptional about it. Just a lot of awkward moments (the classroom scene was pretty cringey)

3 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Unfortunately, the trans-Mars injection will go wrong, and the Tesla will blast out of the solar system. Drifting through interstellar space for millennia, it will eventually crash on an alien world, only to be worshiped as a god by a fledgling species of metallic aliens. They'll mimic and adapt themselves to be like it, and eventually evolve into Autobots.

Thanks Elon.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I like Janney quite a bit even if she plays a gigantic caricature. Definitely would put her over Blige and Metcalf.

I haven't seen Tonya, and I'll probably like Janney in it (Woman could read the phone book and still be entertaining) but

HAN, ARE YOU ILL?