Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

40 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Disney's streaming service (launching Fall 2019) won't carry R-rated fare.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/disney-streaming-service-launch-slate-star-wars-marvel-1202281846/

Here are some of the priority movie projects I heard about:

Lady and the Tramp

tenor.gif?itemid=7658633

41 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Disney's streaming service (launching Fall 2019) won't carry R-rated fare.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/disney-streaming-service-launch-slate-star-wars-marvel-1202281846/

Lol wtf.  What’d they buy fox’s film division for?  Terrible idea, just going to hurt them.

15 minutes ago, AJG said:

Yikes. My interest in that shit just died. It just doesn’t make sense. Is it a service for children and families? Imagine Fox, Disney, Fox TV, ABC, Touchstone, Pixar, Marvel, and Disney Animation on one service? It could’ve been monstrous, but this shit... what a fucking waste of time.

Seem to be, I imagine the previous marvel tv show will stay on Netflix when the rest move (and maybe they had no choice)?

Most of the brand you pointed, Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Disney Animation was pretty obviously going to not do any R-rated stuff anytime soon, lot of values in their product that make sure audience never feel unconformable for any second of the runtime even if they are watching with the grand parents and 8 year's old.

Just now, aabattery said:

He's actually got three sons. Nolan must hate them a lot, can't even stretch them out into separate characters.

wonder if they have arguments about which one is the interstellar son and which one is the dunkirk son. you know nolan hates one of his kid's friends and that's who george is based on.

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

lmao, that Adam DeVine comedy is being exiled :hahaha: 

The Anna Kendrick Christmas film is too when it was aiming for a November 8, 2019 release. I guess they saw no point in holding off on a finished film for more than a year but still...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Telehilation said:

I'm not sure why people are surprised about the Disney thing: of course they wouldn't jeopardize their name as kid-friendly entertainment. Kids and family entertainment is their bread-and-butter -- it's their core demo.

At least Lab Rats will finally have a permanent home.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Telehilation said:

I'm not sure why people are surprised about the Disney thing: of course they wouldn't jeopardize their name as kid-friendly entertainment. Kids and family entertainment is their bread-and-butter -- it's their core demo.

They're working on a 3 men and a baby remake, Tele

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

They couldn't even have a section in their streaming service for older viewers though?  It's not like they haven't distributed R rated films in the past.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Seem to be, I imagine the previous marvel tv show will stay on Netflix when the rest move (and maybe they had no choice)?

Most of the brand you pointed, Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Disney Animation was pretty obviously going to not do any R-rated stuff anytime soon, lot of values in their product that make sure audience never feel unconformable for any second of the runtime even if they are watching with the grand parents and 8 year's old.

But they're getting Fox. They have ABC Studios. Why not mash all this together? Netflix would be over. Almost anybody would buy into it “I can get The Simpsons, Archer, Scrubs, Greys Anatomy, Golden Girls, AND the Pixar library for $10 a month? Sign me the fuck up”. These Disney people are jokers.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1