Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

59 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I like how @Blankments sometimes likes my posts from like half a year ago :lol:

yeah, I always know he/she is here when I get likes. Like this time from early Dec 2018 post

1 hour ago, Avatree said:

all films in their vaults, does that include original version of Star Wars?

46 minutes ago, cookie said:

Fox still owns all the distribution rights to A New Hope so it's not in their vault until the Fox merger is complete.

I think Fox only has the rights to distribute for the remastered version

10 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I think Fox only has the rights to distribute for the remastered version

They own all versions AFAIK. Lucas couldn't finance ANH himself unlike the other five 'episodes', hence why the distribution rights to those were supposed to lapse to Disney in 2020 while ANH was to stay with Fox.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

They own all versions AFAIK. The distribution rights to the other five pre-Disney 'episodes' are still Fox property too but were supposed to lapse to Disney in 2020 while ANH were to stay with them.

Well soon they'll have them all, no waiting required.

I'm actually excited for D+ and hopefully WB+...my spouse wants the DC channel, but I told him to wait til we see if it gets integrated into a WB offering...

I mean, right now, I have dinosaur services (a crappy triple play) on no contract...but I've upgraded my cells to unlimited data, so once the tv thing is figured out, I'll be dropping phone (by getting an extra cell for the home phone for the kids) and tv and just finding internet cheaply...and finally getting what I want for everything, probably no more expensively than I have now (I figure I'll end up with Netflix for free through my phone, Disney, WB, and MAYBE a Playstation tv package or just CBS.com, b/c that's about the only free channel that would make me sad if I lost it:)...

59 minutes ago, cookie said:

They own all versions AFAIK. Lucas couldn't finance ANH himself unlike the other five 'episodes', hence why the distribution rights to those were supposed to lapse to Disney in 2020 while ANH was to stay with Fox.

Yes I know, but I think I saw an interview with (an already slightly annoyed appearing) Lukas in which he said something like the original versions stay in his safe or so.

Something he said also let me assume he might have made later in a deal like them never getting released or ...

Maybe he was just too annoyed and said what he'd like to have, I guess the many questions for it over the years added up to annoying him just a liiiitttllleee bit

50 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Idinosaur services (a crappy triple play) on no contract..   my cells    unlimited data,... dropping phone (by getting an extra cell for the home phone for the kids) and tv and just finding internet cheaply...a... Netflix for free through my phone, Disney, WB, and MAYBE a Playstation tv package or just CBS.com,

:what::blink::circles:  somehow that's sounds complicated

The most stations here are for free beside sky. I do not even know if there is a 2nd to-pay-provider

Netflix per computer, mostly used by son for a very few series. He watches a lot of news...

Hubby more cultural station, are also for free.

I still prefer the disc over a TV-schedule

The fact that mods decided to suck all the fun that still existed here with closing the early weekend threads sure has helped in making this place even more dead in the last few months. I mean everytime you are having fun the police shows up and locks that shit up or tells you that you can't post picks of Disney checks or whatever. This fucking place.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The fact that mods decided to suck all the fun that still existed here with closing the early weekend threads sure has helped in making this place even more dead in the last few months. I mean everytime you are having fun the police shows up and locks that shit up or tells you that you can't post picks of Disney checks or whatever. This fucking place.

Sometimes I wonder let the thread go into a bit of chaos, it passes and we move on. 

The closing of threads due to some dumb posts has not stopped the dumb posts...

SO I think we should question if the current method is working ... because I dont think its working at all. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Yeah @DeeCee what the hell? Literally nobody was trying to start things up, we were just about to chill, do some predictions, rate Eddie Murphy movies, and you decided to lock it up? You allergic to fun?

...welp, it's back up literally 30 seconds later...thanks?

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

Yeah @DeeCee what the hell? Literally nobody was trying to start things up, we were just about to chill, do some predictions, rate Eddie Murphy movies, and you decided to lock it up? You allergic to fun?

I’m on my phone and a certain post was reported and I initially thought it was that individual who had started the weekend thread. It’s all good. 

1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

I’m on my phone and a certain post was reported and I initially thought it was that individual who had started the weekend thread. It’s all good. 

Ya boy still with a clean record. Peeps need to follow me more.

To be judged to delete social media posts, ignore the judge, get held up at an airport...

Not a fan of it in realit, but to imagine wat would happen if that got law in e.g. the US

- I mean the faces of the ones held up at air-ports, the reactions especially of ppl leaning to the extremer ends of political, religious... thinking somehow is a bit amusing

Michelle Ye Xuan, a popular Chinese actress and former Miss Chinese International, has become the poster girl for China’s social credit system, banned from travel because of a low grade.

The system, which gives demerits for various infractions, is a kind of personal credit score that uses surveillance and data mining to punish those whose scores don’t meet certain standards. It is expected to be fully operational by 2020, but pilot tests begun last year have already targeted certain individuals and businesses.

The UK Daily Mail reported that the actress only discovered her travel ban when she attempted to board a flight last month. She is best known for the films Accident, Honour of the Gods and Ching yi ngor, and for TV dramas Eternal Happiness, Triumph in the Skies and Lost in the Chamber of Love. She was also an on-site reporter for TVD at the Athens Olympics.

This latest social credit system incident recalls similar problems endured by well-known Chinese star Fan Bingbing, who disappeared for a time last year in a tax dispute. Her projects were subsequently thrown into chaos, requiring an apology from the actress before she could resume public duties.

Ye was accused of using social media to attack the former girlfriend of a past boyfriend . She was later sued for spreading rumors on China’s Weibo system, a kind of Twitter and lost, and was required to delete the postings, pay a small fine and apologize to her victim.

She apparently did not and ignored court attempts to contact her. Stopped at the airport, she agreed to comply after speaking with a judge and allegedly deleted the offending Weibo posts while still at the airport. It was not reported if she was able then to board her flight.

https://deadline.com/2019/03/michelle-ye-xuan-hong-kong-tv-film-star-has-social-credit-travel-ban-1202571773/

I viewed the first 5 minutes of Christopher Robin, and

that bear looked like shit!!  

is the movie as grim all the way through?

if TV-subscriptions and other media services are free, and the box office gets made free, would businesses keep spending to make expensive movies?