Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

53 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I've actually reduced my Twitter usage by 90%. Only opened the app 3 times in the past week which was unthinkable a month ago.

Elections being done also helps. Also that Musk isn't exactly the president that we should care about his random ramblings. He was really hoping for a red wave by the way he was writing his tweets and is overcompensating now.

That is for the best you see more of reality now 

getting off reddit realized not everyone is a loser doomer type lol 

Edited by Torontofan

Musk shocked he got booed at an appreance.

I think he made a mistake going so far to the right in   his politics; he could sell the "real life Tony Stark" routine better when he was sort of apolitical..

But hs has gotten in bed with the bigots, the homophones and even the Neo Nazis; now he can live with the consequences.

I think his ego was so big he thought he could carry his "fans" a long with him to the  far right. He was wrong.

Edited by dudalb

And in sports the 49ers defenc e humilatied Tom Brady yesterday. I think he might have made a mistake in cancelling his retirement. He is going into Willie Mays/Muhammed Ali territory: a great athleste who made a fool of himself in his last years by starying  on to long.

18 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Musk shocked he got booed at an appreance.

I think he made a mistake going so far to the right in   his politics; he could sell the "real life Tony Stark" routine better when he was sort of apolitical..

But hs has gotten in bed with the bigots, the homophones and even the Neo Nazis; now he can live with the consequences.

I think his ego was so big he thought he could carry his "fans" a long with him to the  far right. He was wrong.

You can't be personally responsible for all the extreme people on your side of the political aisle. It would be the same if he went to the far left (and yes, there are disgusting people.on that side too).

Besides, you shouldn't choose your politics based on public perception either. One should actually CHOOSE it.

And Twitter's descent into becoming a cesspool continues

https://www.usnews.com/news/business/articles/2022-12-12/musks-twitter-dissolves-trust-and-safety-council

Now the flood of  racists, anti semites, conspiraicy kooks and nutcases in general will totally submerge twitter.

Nice going, Elon. You went from TIme Man Of the Year to one of the most disliked men in the world in just one year.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

https://www.usnews.com/news/business/articles/2022-12-12/musks-twitter-dissolves-trust-and-safety-council

Now the flood of  racists, anti semites, conspiraicy kooks and nutcases in general will totally submerge twitter.

Nice going, Elon. You went from TIme Man Of the Year to one of the most disliked men in the world in just one year.

😂

12 hours ago, dudalb said:

What if i told you turning Twitter into a irrelevant mess is actually a public service indirectly 

XD 

People can go outside and touch grass and realize not everyone shares the same exact world viewpoint as them.

Like to be honest I see it a lot  more on the right but on the left I am seeing so many circle jerks on twitter and reddit with so much misinformation and doomerism 

Edited by Torontofan
  • Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 10:13 PM, Porthos said:

Carlos Correa about to get PAID by the Gigantes!!! :o

On 12/7/2022 at 11:01 PM, Porthos said:

*checks MLBTR's projected salaries for both Correa and Bogaerts*

*checks Trea Turner's for good measure*

*does some back of the envelope math*

We're probably talking 12/350 aren't we, given that Correa is younger than Bogaerts?  +/- 25m and 1 year in either direction. 

45 minutes ago, Porthos said:

AHEM!!!!!

WHO DOUBTS MY POWAHS NOW!!!!!!!!!! :Gaga:

@4815162342 @Inceptionzq @TwoMisfits @MrPink  @Deep Wang @XXR Tulkun Rider

(promise to take good care of him, Pink 👍)

((nailed the 350 number and Zaidi was even able to smooth out the AAV by adding an extra year))

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 3

Oh, shit. I just realized we didn’t do secret Santa this year. I know it’s a bit late, but if people want to do one, we could always be like secret Holiday Hangover Gifts Show Up in January! Yay.