Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

The Met Gala's acting like AIW Opening Weekend.  Previews were low and boring, and Friday touch-and-go, but then Saturday arrived and my soul is renewed, my pores are clean, and all is right in the world.

tumblr_p8dukhDBBU1rxfubbo1_540.jpg

tumblr_p8duorZsnL1wki820o1_540.jpg

Thank you, Thank you for your commitment to the ridiculous theme.  

24 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

What's the point of the MET Gala? 

A bunch of celebrities dress up according to a theme.  They go up some stairs...and then what?  Does something actually happen inside? 

orgy

32 minutes ago, Tree said:

I'm watching Who Wants To Be A Millionnaire and the contestant doesn't know the answer to "What is the name of Daisy Ridley's character in The Last Jedi, and he doesn't know.

I guess it just goes to show how badly TLJ was received.

giphy.gif

36 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

What's the point of the MET Gala? 

A bunch of celebrities dress up according to a theme.  They go up some stairs...and then what?  Does something actually happen inside? 

The Met Gala is the annual fundraiser for the Metropolitan Musem of Art's Costume Institute, since it's the only Institute in the Met that isn't fully funded.  It normally raises 12-15M in a night.  Anna Wintour, Editor-In-Chief of Vogue, lords over this event like a tyrant, and under her watchful eye it's morphed into "the Superbowl of Fashion" where Designers use the Red Carpet like a Runaway to impress clients, fans, and above all, Anna.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

How bout Once Upon a Time in America. Sorta carries over the vibe of Godfather II's Vito in New York scenes and is just epic and staggering all around

Definitely a film that understood the meaning of "ambitious" with it sprawling over 3 different timelines

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I've been looking at pics from the Met Gala and the outfits of 90% of the people there just look hilarious to me. I guess I just don't get the fashion world.

I agree. Most of the costumes seem to embody "too much". 

• Haha 1