Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

You'd say "the director for Black Panther" but not "the director for The Last Jedi" :Venom: 

and there are countless movies directed by white guys I would say the director for.

Try again. 

Just now, RandomCat said:

Don't most people call directors by name on this site though?

That is because many of them are bigger film buffs then me. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

and there are countless movies directed by white guys I would say the director for.

Try again. 

*has never called a the director of a movie "The director" before*

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

That is because many of them are bigger film buffs then me. 

Or polite. They are more polite than you.

14 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i used to watch his derrick comedy skits on youtube in '06 which got me thinking... is childish gambino technically the first YouTuber to find mainstream success like this?

14 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i used to watch his derrick comedy skits on youtube in '06 which got me thinking... is childish gambino technically the first YouTuber to find mainstream success like this?

Yes a lot of YouTubers are very famous with huge fanbases (Pewdiepie, HolaSoyGerman) but they are largely unknown to people who don't follow youtube. So CHILDISH GAMBINO @Deep Wanghas really broken out of that mould.  

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i liked this one the best because i am a child. it was after watching this sketch that i knew Donald Glover would some day play Lando.

Classic.  The soft plop sounds when he stands up and sits down is what really sells it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

I don't know what the hell's going on in here, but I'm just going to drop this gif of Pete Campbell getting KO'd and go about my day.

pete-campbell-ktfo-1.gif

I just wanna let you know that all your Mad Men content is always appreciated. Keep doing the good work

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

You'd say "the director for Black Panther" but not "the director for The Last Jedi" :Venom: 

That's because Rian Johnson is an auteur; whereas, the director for Black Panther was just a Disney/Feige puppet.

1 minute ago, Tree said:

That's because Rian Johnson is an auteur; whereas, the director for Black Panther was just a Disney/Feige puppet.

Actually I know who the director of Black Panther is, I just find it funny people like to infer racism very easily on here to project moral superiority. 

13 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

I don't know what the hell's going on in here, but I'm just going to drop this gif of Pete Campbell getting KO'd and go about my day.

pete-campbell-ktfo-1.gif

I feel like cooler heads should prevail, but does anybody else want to see this?

• Like 1