Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 hours ago, CJohn said:

@MCKillswitch123 Sporting is a circus, I am done with this shit. Bruno de Carvalho is the ultimate mad man. Dude went from suspending his condition of associate of Sporting and never going to the stadium again to contest the voting that happened yesterday and announce he will run for presidency on the September 8 elections.

What is going on with Sporting Lissabon right now?? Ive only heard from it during the World Cup reportage. The moderators made it seem like its a war between players, fans and the club?

5 hours ago, ACSlater said:

Shit, haven't traded funds in so long, I feel so weird. But you know it actually kinda feels nice to be able to chase girls as a normal guy.

The old AC would have been on a first class flight to Russia trying to bang some of the hot World Cup fans

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Straight up theft. I wonder if the media will call him out or if they'll keep quiet... 

Listened to both back to back a few times.

Gambino didn’t steal anything.  There’s some similar beat but most generic pop songs share much more coincidental similarities than these two.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Straight up theft. I wonder if the media will call him out or if they'll keep quiet... 

If this is a case of stolen song, it is much more than a media affair, it will be judicial court (but often settle off court) and the guy will end up rich, really no need for the media to get involved. It happen all the time:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/list/6501950/songs-accused-plagiarism-no-1-hot-100-blurred-lines

Even when the artist is death, Marvin Gaye estate made 7.4 million from Blurred Lines copy.

Vanilla Ice even tried to say that he didn't copied Under Pressure in a very funny way.

Artist/comics often sell or give stuff between each other or ask permission prior also, from the exterior we often mistake something quite normal for stealing.

Edited by Barnack

27 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

These songs sound nothing alike.

Also it's 2018. We live in a time where the writers of TLC's No Scrubs had to get credited on Ed Sheeran's Shape of You sounded just a tiny bit like that song. Jay Z had to get a credit on Pusha T song because he used one of his old bars. And the guys that did Im Too Sexy For My Shirt had to get a credit on a Taylor Swift song for reasons even I can't put together.

Ever since the Marvin Gaye thing record labels have been extra careful. If this was a theft issue we would've heard about it on the news and not some random sports journalist's Twitter account.

• Like 1

Westworld season 2 DONE

Let's get to it: this shit is ridiculous. They told what turned out to be a fairly simple story completely out of order, for what I assume was a lazy attempt to have several cliffhangers in each episode. Sadly this resulted in a confused mess of a show that I couldn't follow or was just too bored to follow. 

I decided to wait until the last episode before I judged the whole thing. The revelations presented here were so fucking basic that I kinda got mad that I decided to fight and power through this season. Part of me thinks that even if they re-edited the season to be coherent I doubt I'd view the season and it's finale favourably. 

You can skip it if you're on the fence.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Beyonce's new album with Jay Z kinda flopped.

@La Binoche should be thrilled lol

It did fine. It came out on a Saturday, not a Friday so they had one less days to chart, had no promo, and didn't appear on any other paid streaming service apart from Tidal until Tuesday (three days after release. It didn't come to any free streaming app until today)

6 hours ago, Brainbug said:

What is going on with Sporting Lissabon right now?? Ive only heard from it during the World Cup reportage. The moderators made it seem like its a war between players, fans and the club?

To explain it, I wouldn't even know where to begin. 

• Haha 1