Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just saw an ad here that I could have sworn at first glance was the Pure Flix streaming service telling me to watch The Golden Compass - which would have been wild, man (I still remember some Christian groups kicking up a stink over that one before it came out, only for the departures from the source material and studio interference to lead the film to flopping hard anyway) - only to see that it was actually some cheap flick called God's Compass with the Golden Compass title font. Subtle.

I guess this is my cosmic punishment for watching all those Cinema Snob episodes.

I was just looking at the movie schedule for the next few months and trying to decide what will be the next out-of-control weekend thread. Only thing that really strikes as an obvious one is November 2 (Nutcracker looks like a potential flop for Disney and Bohemian Rhapsody has, well, Bryan Singer). Should be a peaceful few months.

Or not.

Edited by filmlover

My take on the oh so good Set It Up: it's bad.

General thoughts since there's no review thread

If I wasn’t in such a good mood, I would have hated Set It Up to bits. My tolerance for cutesy only goes so far. 

You can tell this was directed by a woman by the way the male characters talk. Is this how women written by men feel to women?

It's somewhat funny (which probably goes back to me in good mood). The bosses are legit hilarious, tho. Lucy Liu should be in more comedies, definitely.

Both leads are insufferable as fuck. Did they ever stop talking for like 5 seconds? Exhausting.

Also, can we talk about how Lucy Liu lectures the assistant that she doesn't know what she's feeling, that the assistant is too young for that, but then breaks up with her fiance because he doesn't know her favorite food. Yikes.

Score is awful, not because it doesn't fit the movie or whatever, but because it is so, so very much annoyingly corny.

5/10

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

7 minutes ago, Goffe said:

My take on the oh so good Set It Up: it's bad.

General thoughts since there's no review thread

Reveal hidden contents

Your hate only strengthens our resolve.

• Like 1