Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

a movie about scottish heroes where the leads are chris pine and aaron taylor johnson is an affront. maybe ONE DAY there's gonna be a movie about a scottish icon with an actual scotsman in it. though at least mel gibson was an insane alcoholic so y'know he was close enough.

XY2QpdJx_400x400.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been re-watching the Potter films with some friends.  

The first is light and magical, great children’s film.  The second feels like a bit of a re-tread of the first, but there’s still a lot of light magic to it.

The series really picks up with the third one though.  It’s darker, while keeping some of the magical charm.  It’s refreshing given the defense against the dark arts teacher isn’t a villain.  The plot’s more nuanced, more shades of grey and it stands well on its own as it’s the only one that doesn’t include much about Voldemort.  The best of the series from a filmmaking standpoint, even if it’s leaner and less grandiose as the later ones.  The only one in the series that improves on the novel it’s based on.

Goblet of Fire is actually pretty excellent.  An Empire Strikes Back point within the story, except it’s not even the characters at their lowest.  The social dynamics are fun to watch.  I think I thought less of it when I first saw it because it loses the most from the novel out of the different adaptions (as Goblet of Fire is probably the second best of the books, with Half-Blood Prince being right behind it and Deathly Hallows being the strongest)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Morieris said:

:( 

That fucking sucks. I was about 12-13 years old watching this show. We had a TV in school and we would put it on before the first class, CBeebies and Lazy Town was the only thing we as a class could agree to have on (other choices were BBC antiques/gardening, and Everybody Hates Raymond. The choice was pretty much clear).

39 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I actually binged the TV show before watching the movie on HBO a few years back and would be down for a revival.

I kicked in for the Kickstarter so I'm happy about this news.