Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Also, Velvet Buzzsaw is real bad. The script's pretty dumb, and probably the first bad Jakey G performance since... Prince of Persia? Didn't feel like a character at all, just a collection of actor ticks 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

Also, Velvet Buzzsaw is real bad. The script's pretty dumb, and probably the first bad Jakey G performance since... Prince of Persia? Didn't feel like a character at all, just a collection of actor ticks 

More folks than I expected have praised the horror elements of the film. I spent the whole time thinking Dan Gilroy has no idea how to handle that kind of material.

• Like 1

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

I keep wondering if I should watch Velvet Buzzsaw if only because I'm drawn to anything idiosyncratic but I didn't even like Nightcrawler or Jake's performance in it (too obvious a caricature) so the chances of me turning on this one are probably high.

If you thought Jakey G was broad in Nightcrawler... oh boy, you're gonna hate him in Velvet Buzzsaw

1 hour ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Yeah I get this but even then... what type of 'fuck you' was that?

More that it was an innate and complete distrust of the police in general, since they would routinely plant evidence to implicate people or to provide "just cause" for shooting someone.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

On the other hand I loved him in Okja idk. Depends on what's the purpose of the broadness. 

I thought him going broad in that was great, and actually served the character, but in Velvet Buzzsaw it fails pretty hard. Then again, I liked him a lot in Nightcrawler, so your mileage may vary. 

• Like 1

I know this came up last week, and I hate to see that he was probably making up at least parts of the story...but I do like to see the truth come out...

Facts that are now known - 1st, there's actually no rib injury to Smollett...and 2nd now, after the alleged assault, he still managed to be normal and carry Subway back to his room...now, maybe this 2nd data is wrong (the police source could be lying, but this tweeter is a real local reporter), but the rib injury has been confirmed to have not happened...now, maybe he was assaulted inside where he was staying, but that was not the original story...

"Rafer Weigel (Emmy award-winning anchor/reporter at Fox 32 Chicago) 
Rafer Weigel
@RaferWeigel
#ChicagoPolice source tells 
@fox32news
 that #JussieSmollett was seen on surveillance still holding his #Subway sandwich when he returned to the building after the alleged attack."
5:17 PM · Feb 1, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone

Edited by TwoMisfits

7 minutes ago, Avatree said:

What makes you say that?

i've seen a few people on my twitter feed say it. no idea why. i went looking for the Ep 9 thread to post about it. no idea it was locked. we need it unlocked cos if the title reveal really is tomorrow SOME OF US need to get our unfunny joke suggestions for what the title should be in under the wire.

• Like 1