Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

probably similar to what happened at the time. people forget but the retard stuff caught way more flack than the blackface stuff. those are the jokes you wouldn't be able to make today. but overall that's a movie people imagine makes others angry and offended more than it actually does. seems to be the successor to the phony "you couldn't make that today!" sentiment that blazing saddles gets.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

probably similar to what happened at the time. people forget but the retard stuff caught way more flack than the blackface stuff. those are the jokes you wouldn't be able to make today. but overall that's a movie people imagine makes others angry and offended more than it actually does. seems to be the successor to the phony "you couldn't make that today!" sentiment that blazing saddles gets.

Agreed, the blackface stuff would go splendidly today.

Like a charm.

People are so desensitized nowadays.

Sad.

I want to take my girlfriend on a special date but I don't know what to do. Any ideas BOT folks? 

Shes an actress, well to do and for once I am totally lost. Hell me eluding that a gal like her doesn't date a guy like me, she made it painful by ensuring that I detailed it out. 

4 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

Yep. It helps that the film presents the r-word and blackface material in such a cynical light that you can't miss the satire.

2 hours ago, ACSlater said:

I want to take my girlfriend on a special date but I don't know what to do. Any ideas BOT folks? 

Shes an actress, well to do and for once I am totally lost. Hell me eluding that a gal like her doesn't date a guy like me, she made it painful by ensuring that I detailed it out. 

Take her for a nice weekend somewhere.  Maybe a nice spa.  Something with a hot tub, those are nice and shallow

9 hours ago, ACSlater said:

Inhowfar special?

Romantic, ...

If romantic is not #1: atypical, thoughtful,...?