Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

^^ It’s not a chain and doesn’t show first-run movies. I don’t know the nitty-gritty of that specific law but I assume there are loopholes for stuff like this. In any case, it’s interesting for sure.

edit: for example, Disney owns El Capitan, just down the street, and plays exclusively Disney movies there.  

Edited by Telemachos

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

I'm probably going to get yelled at by TOG and TMP for this, but I'm legitimately curious and interested about Disney+. At the very least, I'm interested to see at least a trailer for a few of their TV shows.

I'm here for Clone Wars Season....7? 

Love how with all these streaming services, I only care about ONE show from both Disney+ and AppleTV+Squared or whatever.

• Like 1

These "poor" up and coming directors and "artists" who can't have their brilliant movies produced by evil, old Hollywood will learn about Darwinism soon enough :

their movies will be little tiny fishes lost in a giant pool of content that is the streaming paradigm and only one in a million will survive.

Disenchantment is around the corner for these people.

There are so many streaming services coming up that streaming altogether is about to become as expensive if not more for paying for a package from one of the providers. Disney+ is the only one I'm 100% in confident in saying it will last.

You know, I think 2019 is going to be remembered as a great year for animation. How To Train Your Dragon 3, Missing Link, Toy Story 4, Frozen 2. Those are just the studio standouts! Many of the other sequels are improving upon their predecessors, the independent scene has a whole bunch of potential Oscar candidates (like Funan and Another Day of Life), and there's a wide variety of anime films coming out this year as well. A year that is very reminiscent of 2009 in terms of the variety of quality animation coming out this year.

3 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

netflix literally buying cinemas. doesn't the paramount act make this illegal or am i confused?

Paramount act apply only for the peoplpe that were both studio and had theater at the time I think, the big 5 and their subsidies, not to Disney/Netflix and newer:

https://variety.com/2018/politics/news/consent-decrees-department-of-justice-1202893374/

A common misperception is that the decrees apply to all distributors. In fact, they cover only the studios who were defendants in the 1948 case: Paramount, MGM, Universal, Columbia Pictures (Sony), 20th Century Fox, United Artists and Warner Bros.

I think everyone else somewhat respected it, because it would have been immediately expended to them if they would have started to abuse their position, but it was not in the law they could not.

Still trying not to puke I opened Netfix to distract me.

I think we Germans get another choice list than others. Most what I do not already know seem not to appeal to me, that includes the most series.

No logical list to search through (e.g. abc).

Sci-Fi titles not showing up under Sci-Fi...

Not sure how long we will have that account thing, its the only pay thing we have.

So I started Star Trek the movie. Totally forgot Chris Hemsworth played Kirk's father. I'll skip a few scenes I guess. Or I hear an audiobook. Or.... go puking again. Someone knock me out.

• Sad 1

End of year College exams coming up, so I guess this will be my last post in a while. Not sure when I'll be able to come back though, since year 2's workload is exponentially larger than this year.

So, uhh, bye for now I guess

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Access denied

Our European visitors are important to us.

This site is currently unavailable to visitors from the European Economic Area while we work to ensure your data is protected in accordance with applicable EU laws.