Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

11 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

To become a citizen yes it's necessary to know French and some important facts about French culture/history but if you just want to emigrate there that's not really necessary. Still, finding a job without speaking French at all is gonna be hard unless you graduated in finance/science/engineering...People in France are notoriously poorly skilled when it comes to English and other foreign languages.

I also want to learn Spanish, French and German. Language instructor? Of course I have no degree. My aspiration is to become a famous writer of fiction, so maybe I could leverage something there if that pipe dream happens.

10 minutes ago, cannastop said:

@Fullbuster @dashrendar44

https://www.thelocal.fr/20160209/the-11-americans-youll-meet-in-france

City of Love. City of Lights. In the eyes of a Paris-Obsessed, Paris can do no wrong. They often spout wistful romanticisms such as “Paris is most beautiful in the rain,” or “This is the best city to get lost in”. Their view of the city is that kind of idealized “Sex and the City” version of Paris.

They happily ignore the city's flaws to live in the glamourized movie version of the city. They probably live in Montmartre and imagine themselves to be in a Woody Allen movie as they stroll the cobble-stoned streets listening to Françoise Hardy. Don’t expect them to ever venture into La France Profonde (“Deep France”).

What flaws?

Outside of the most touristic areas the city is pretty dirty, the subway literally smells like piss and incivility among other things but that's all I can say I never lived in Paris.

27 minutes ago, cannastop said:

@Fullbuster @dashrendar44

https://www.thelocal.fr/20160209/the-11-americans-youll-meet-in-france

City of Love. City of Lights. In the eyes of a Paris-Obsessed, Paris can do no wrong. They often spout wistful romanticisms such as “Paris is most beautiful in the rain,” or “This is the best city to get lost in”. Their view of the city is that kind of idealized “Sex and the City” version of Paris.

They happily ignore the city's flaws to live in the glamourized movie version of the city. They probably live in Montmartre and imagine themselves to be in a Woody Allen movie as they stroll the cobble-stoned streets listening to Françoise Hardy. Don’t expect them to ever venture into La France Profonde (“Deep France”).

What flaws?

Well its like driving into Chicago vs Flying in.

In Toronto, people who fly into Chicago talk about how nice it is....

Driving to it you go through the south side and yeahhh lol 

28 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Outside of the most touristic areas the city is pretty dirty, the subway literally smells like piss and incivility among other things but that's all I can say I never lived in Paris.

Sounds like NYC to me and I love that place.

I hate having to always shake my head at things my sister says. 

So she's on the couch right now next to me (it's the L shaped couch so think of her sitting opposite me) talking to some friend on the phone and refuses to go in the other room. So her friend is asking her which of two guys she's into should she hook up with and my sister is like "ok who are they"

"Jacob and Riley" (I can hear her through the phone)

"doesn't Jacob have a girlfriend?" 

"Yea but he's also addicted to nic, and he's really hot"

"Well then hook up with both of them... wait... is his girlfriend pretty?"

"No she's actually really chunky"

"Then that's fine! Ugly people deserve to be cheated on!"

:gold:

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

He was also in the Tuesday thread. I managed to even get a few likes by making fun of him.

I remember he showed up around Christmas even though he missed the release of the newest Star Wars movie by 7 months. And now he's here around the one year anniversary of Solo's release. Is he stuck in a time warp or something lmao.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:32 PM, Clubs Are Trash said:

sucks for Madonna. 

No offense, but being a Diva Queen in the 80s 90s and 00s must have sucked ass compared to what the contemporary social climate offers for Lady Gaga.

It would be so funny to see a kids educational show with George Lucas teaching kids about not overextending their reach into the cookie jar (but they can still have extra portions) and a segment about not running in the house

the joy of taking honest steps when you are running in the house, 

learning how to tell someone "no thanks" or "i'm not interested"

Just now, cannastop said:

He doesn't post anymore? Damn.

Then again I haven't posted much in the past year either.

No, Han's still around every now and then. It's just that He Who Shall Not Be Named has returned, despite the release of a Star Wars movie being nowhere in sight.