Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Probably didn't happen, but did Melissa ever badmouth the CBS show she was on after Bridesmaids and The Heat landed?

Either way, Wu's deffo pulling a Heigl here, and I like her too much that I hope she doesn't get hurt that hard.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Hahaha

I've taken a couple Public Relations classes at school, and the important thing my professor mentioned is that celebrities should not be in charge of their Twitter accounts. This is further proof of that.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I've taken a couple Public Relations classes at school, and the important thing my professor mentioned is that celebrities should not be in charge of their Twitter accounts. This is further proof of that.

Tbh creators being on twitter in general is a nightmare. Comic book writers and even people like Pablo Hidalgo are basically obnoxious with it tbh.

8 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Social media in general is just....so bad. In so many ways. I feel 100% better ever since I deleted everything.

Edited by JB33

21 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

On the one hand, yes, but on the other hand - social media got James Gunn an extra job, and two pay cheques from Disney for the same movie. So it's not all bad.

I want to be a fiction writer. It's my only shot at real success, I think. I'm almost tapped out for student loans in college, and I can't afford the remainder cost anyways. I just need to break through with 2 or three stories published in a year. Hopefully someone might pick me up from the slush pile.

43 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Probably didn't happen, but did Melissa ever badmouth the CBS show she was on after Bridesmaids and The Heat landed?

Either way, Wu's deffo pulling a Heigl here, and I like her too much that I hope she doesn't get hurt that hard.

Melissa McCarthy never badmouth Mike and Molly, it’s always bad manners to bite the hand that feeds you and I think she knew if she left, other people’s jobs would be on the line. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mulder said:

Idk if this is the place for it but man I wish I could relax and be less personally attached to things. I know part of it has to do with my PTSD (I know that's personal but still) but it's still really annoying even to myself how I'm always 'On'.

Have you talked to your psychiatrist about medication?

apparently Gemma Chan liked this tweet (and then unliked it when people noticed it in her likes)

D6Pi7ZUXkAIbgyo.jpg

lmao i like constance as an actress but her career might be done when that CRA trilogy is finished if she doesn't humble up quick

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

apparently Gemma Chan liked this tweet (and then unliked it when people noticed it in her likes)

D6Pi7ZUXkAIbgyo.jpg

lmao i like constance as an actress but her career might be done when that CRA trilogy is finished if she doesn't humble up quick

The set for that sequel is gonna be real awkward...

Speaking of which, CRA 2 under $100m dom?

7 minutes ago, TMP said:

The set for that sequel is gonna be real awkward...

Speaking of which, CRA 2 under $100m dom?

can't wait for it to make half as much but the third one still gets greenlit and constance wu bitches about having to do it on twitter.

• Like 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

can't wait for it to make half as much but the third one still gets greenlit and constance wu bitches about having to do it on twitter.

Gemma Chan must be pretty sad Marvel killed her off, and Goulding's just waiting on the line for that Bond phone call

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

TBH by the time China Rich Girlfriend is released, everyone will have forgotten about it and Fresh Off the Boat will probably be cancelled by then. 

right i always assumed there'd be a big drop anyway kinda like the fifty shades sequels. more than anything this'll hurt her career tho. katherine heigl never really came back from talking shit about grey's anatomy when she was on it.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

katherine heigl never really came back from talking shit about grey's anatomy when she was on it.

True. She also shot herself in the foot by complaining about sexism and poor writing only to then be credited as executive producer on several films that were somehow even more sexist and worse-written than the work she was originally complaining about (looking right at you, The Ugly Truth).