Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

honestly what heigl said about knocked up was true but she said it back when apatow was like the top guy. if she said the same thing rn she'd be praised for it.

True. I still love Knocked Up, but Heigl's not wrong that the women's main function in the film is to help the men grow up, as opposed to arcs geared more toward their own personal fulfillment. That being said, at least the film has the good sense to frame its female characters as being right almost every time they nag the men to be more responsible, as opposed to the more common narrative where a carefree guy shows an uptight woman how to have fun.

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

Randall Park is fresh off the billion dollar hit film Aquaman, I wonder how he feels about this renewal. 

It's a steady paycheck for him, he's only does supporting roles in movies whereas FOTB he's one of the leads. 

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

Has anyone here taken courses in biology or plant biology? I'm trying to write a sci-fi story and was wondering if and how plants could possibly survive in perpetual sunlight. I know many plants require the day/night cycle but I was wondering what might have to change or how macroscopic plant life could survive and evolve under constant sunlight. Science FICTION of course, so if it's impossible I guess I'll have to make something up lol.

also lol I sorta made it sound like my story is about plants living under perpetual sunlight. not at all lol it's just a "plot hole" in the sense that I have one of the planets in a certain type of orbit, but I'm not sure how life could evolve on such a planet if plants can't survive on it. 

I’d look into indoor hydroponics and grow lights. 

I assume the planet is tidally locked to it’s sun like Mercury/Sol and the Moon/Earth. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

I’d look into indoor hydroponics and grow lights. 

I assume the planet is tidally locked to it’s sun like Mercury/Sol and the Moon/Earth. 

YEEEEEE I thought it would be a cool place for my villain origin. idk, the social dynamics and likely segregation on that planet would be rampant and interesting to explore

lmao at this Constance Wu drama. The thing is this was probably going to be Fresh Off the Boat's last season too. Katherine Heigl must be blushing right now thinking that she had it easy in comparison (how lucky she was that social media was barely a thing back then).

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DAR said:

Was just catching up on some Big Bang episodes and there was Regina King

Speaking of Regina King, it's pretty cool to see her headlining Lindelof's Watchmen show post-Oscar win

D6Eb7I0W0AATV_L.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Greg Berlanti currently has a grand total of 18 shows either airing or in development. Dwayne The Rock Who? Where does he find the time to sleep?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/greg-berlantis-tv-record-grows-18-series-six-outlets-1208990

Surprised he's not involved with the Love, Simon Disney+ streaming show