Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

What makes you think I don't know that? I live in the Atlanta area.

Canada sucks ass in this area too.

Of course, I know people swear to live without a car but then keep asking me for a ride lol 

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

in the uk it's super easy to live without a car. i got one and barely use it idk everything i need is basically within an hour's walk.

Jesus, an hour's walk? That's what I did in podunk Gwinnett county to get to the library or grocery store. No buses. I'd prefer a 20 minute walk. NYC for me, please.

Right now I live in a place where I can ride the bus and subway to the city center in an hour, which is nice.

Edited by cannastop

Just now, cannastop said:

Jesus, an hour's walk? That's what I did in podunk Gwinnett county to get to the library or grocery store. No buses. I'd prefer a 20 minute walk. NYC for me, please.

i said within. not everything is an hour away. besides i like the walks. i've got over 10k steps every day for over two months now i'm tryna keep it up.

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i said within. not everything is an hour away. besides i like the walks. i've got over 10k steps every day for over two months now i'm tryna keep it up.

another 10k brother on the board, 1 year now

• Like 2

We have an incentive at work where we can get a reduction on our health premiums every month if we get 100 miles.  So I usually can get to 10K every day by sticking to that 

• Like 1

i didn't know about that but now i'm looking it up and it's a show about a video game studio... starring f murray abraham?!?! can a show sweep the emmys just based on its premise cause we've got a real contender this year.

• Like 2

Destroyer was alright, but not really my thing.  Here were some highlights:

*when i finished my first draft, i went to the bathroom, came back and the document had 233 words on the draft.

Spoiler

Too much baggage to follow this ships course as the movie is shown through the point of view of a struggling alcoholic.

Mother to teenage sex addict trying to move in with a 23-year-old male who wants to pimp her

Does prescribing them drugs to keep them inside and achieving not distracting enough to keep adventurous children from running away?

Detective bounty hunter leading the front on a case while drunk

Drunken, piloting her own ship, undercover against guns.

An energetic demonstrative citizen pushing the system.  (Satan works alone?)

Pays a man to leave a child alone forever

Pushes the boundaries by engaging in a turf war featuring action and violence.

Results in cheesy plot because the mission went into movie territory.

Keeps the hippies grounded watching action movies about belligerent detectives with badges working alone and preventing the future

Drugs and guns don’t mix well when other people with guns show up.  (in their order)  The criminalization of drugs weakens the suffering patients on the uppers market.  Big drug families in Mexico and South America have private businesses with consumers driving themselves crazy and baking themselves up, but once they ingest opium, their system is immediately at risk.  They live privately with guns, chemically enhanced, not knowing if there will be intervention.  Registration to drugs gives the power to the government to account for suicides. 

The movie had me disassociated and on a loop, but its parts are worth my B movie ranks.  Peppermint fits my style of cheese, Destroyer goes for the Smokin’ Aces-like drugged out POV.  Given her advantage with detail, i'd be interested to see if Nicole Kidman would list this as a 4/5 star movie from her ranking analysis?

81/100

Edited by Clubs Are Trash

I'm 31 and choose not to own a vehicle. I use public transportation and uber, a bicycle and my own two feet and watch others who own vehicles pay out the nose on monthly payments, insurance and gas. Everyone I know who owns a vehicle pays more in to their vehicle than their living expenses (rent + food + utilities). It's NUTS!

I do miss driving in the country though. That's awesome. Other than that, it's too stressful, both the actual driving and the finances. I don't have much disposable income but I have more than everyone I know who owns a vehicle AND makes more money than I do. It's a nice feeling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1