Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Sad day in the World of Baseball:

RIP Bill.  You were treated shamefully by Boston fans for a generation and they only started to come around on you once they actually won the WS.  And even then some still tried to be ironic and hip about it.

Every single person who vilified him over the decades should be ashamed of themselves.  That he became a national punch line thanks to the media is even worse.  He might have made peace with it eventually and even capitalize on it, but he should never have had to in the first place.

I am glad at least that folks got to realize eventually his career outside of that one infamous play in the '86 WS. 

Condolences to all his friends and family and all those who remember his career and life.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Bart Starr also passed away yesterday.  He was only coaching by the time I started watching football.  But according to my dad was a hell of a player.  But was also an even better person 

• Sad 1

I only have to work two more days before vacation starts on Thursday.  Disney Fantasy here we come!  Unfortunately I sunburned my feet pretty badly golfing yesterday so will have peeling feet on the cruise but it could be worse.  At least I can walk.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

kinda different but my brother lives on the same street as a big alt-right youtuber.

i'm sorry for your loss. 

it seems the male fairy-tales grow lost with that racist ego

there are churches in most towns with extremely old male babies whose education is through community and understanding culture and relations

Edited by Clubs Are Trash

42 minutes ago, Clubs Are Trash said:

i'm sorry for your loss. 

it seems the male fairy-tales grow lost with that racist ego

there are churches in most towns with extremely old male babies whose education is through community and understanding culture and relations

i wanna be clear my brother doesn't like the guy he just lives near him.

57 minutes ago, DAR said:

They’ve all been not easy watches.  But  

Hide contents

If you’re an animal lover, tonight’s Chernobyl has been particularly hard to watch 

Damn George is at it again. Good luck making the local paper.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DAR said:

They’ve all been not easy watches.  But  

Reveal hidden contents

I couldn't watch.  I keep playing on my phone and holding one of my kittens, Salem.

Cause last night, her sister, Luna, showed signs of an eye infection.  I freaked out, called my parents at like 2AM, and spent an hour trying to get Luna into the pet carrier.  Only thing I did was freak both of us out.  This morning I was able to get her to the vet -- buuuuut, it was the first time my two cats have EVER been apart.  So Luna was NOT having it.  

Thankfully she just had an eye scratch, and I got eye drops for her.  And she got a cone of shame.

image0.jpg

She got home, and ran off, and then Salem (her sister who got left at home) ran off with her.  Both have been hiding in my couch all day.  Salem only just came out.  I'm worried that Luna can't get out the cause of the cone.  But I ripped the bottom of the couch apart, so she SHOULD be able to get out.  Problem? Every time I try to pull her out, she backs farther back into the cushions.

So.

That episode.

Eff that episode.

Wasn't the best day to watch it.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I rather would've watched the guy's face melt off for an hour than that.  You could have all the scenes with the soldiers without that animal montage.  I GOT what they were doing.  I didn't need to see it.  And with only one episode left, it felt was unnecessarily LONG.  Could have snuck another scene in of Stellan Skarsgard destroying phones.  That was AMAZING. 

That said, it's gonna destroy at the Emmys this year.  Great limited series.  Looking forward to the last episode.

Edited by captainwondyful
clarification on cats' names and pronouns
  • Sad 2

@CJohn Golpe de Sorte had the best premiere result for a soap since A Herdeira, coming in with 14% rating and nearly 30% share. A Prisioneira went sub 10%-rating on Thursday and Friday, so I can't imagine it did much better than, at best, 10% dead on yesterday. And that's a generous assumption since TVI did have a 17.1% daily result, better than their usual 16% range results. SIC obviously exploded with a near 22% result, which, considering their 7PM's have fallen off a lot from The Farmer, is saying something.

Maybe the content creators reality show, Like Me, helped TVI's result a bit. It did a measly 4% rating and 13.7% share..... which, for TVI's standards at 7PM, is actually an improvement :rofl:  Though it obviously lost to both RTP and SIC, and is just bait waiting for The Farmer S2 shark coming up next week. SIC is going to blow up to 22/23% range from here on out. The tides have fucking changed, baby.

• Like 1

@CJohn DUDE, TVI LITERALLY DID NOT HAVE A SINGLE LEADING PROGRAM ALL MONDAY LONG :rofl:

1. SIC won the entirety of the late night frame from midnight onwards;
  2. The mornings were mostly same as always: Você na TV had an alright result for its poor standards and far increased from last week's disastrous results where it practically tied Praça da Alegria, this being the explanation behind TVI's slightly better than normal daily share........ that being said, it still didn't come anywhere near Cristina;
  3. Primeiro Jornal blew away the competition, to no one's surprise, and TVI's Jornal da Uma came in third, as RTP still carried some momentum in the news broadcasts after the Election Sunday;
  4. Amor Maior, somefuckinghow (I seriously don't get why is that shitshow of a soap the leader at 2PM), outdid Belmonte yet again, even though Belmonte was the only TVI show with a few leadership moments;
  5. Júlia crushed Fátima, as normal;
  6. Like Me, TVI's new reality show, occupied 6 and 7PM, and lost badly to RTP and SIC in both timeslots, with SIC taking 6PM via Avenida Brasil, and RTP taking 7PM with The Price Is Right;
  7. Even though the 7PM slot was definitely their weakest in a long time, SIC still took Jornal da Noite to the #1 spot, while Jornal das 8 tied RTP's Telejornal;
  8. And this is the most hilarious part: TVI's primetime crumbled to absolute pieces. A Prisioneira didn't just get crapped on by Golpe de Sorte's premiere..... it lost to Joker too. IT CAME IN THIRD PLACE. A PRISIONEIRA LOST TO FUCKING JOKER!!!! TVI was so smart, as a matter of fact, that they put A Prisioneira occupying both the 9 and 11PM slots, and in the 11PM slot, it still lost to Alma e Coração! And then, the cherry on top of the cake: A Teia, an 11PM soap, lost to Segundo Sol, a midnight soap :rofl:

During the entire 24 hour frame of Monday, SIC had 89% of the leadership, RTP had 10%, and TVI had a grand total of, with its few leading minutes of Belmonte, about 1%. Legendary. :rofl:

Edited by MCKillswitch123