Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

7 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

The Masked Singer is dominating the trends already. Yeah, Ljubo is facing competition for realz.

I am watching right now and holy fucking lmao. That shit is insane. I am still shocked TVI didnt bought the rights for it. 

@CJohn Holy shit, the ratings went mad last night :ohmygod:

The Masked Singer won, it did 15.5% and 28.5% share. Its highest moment was 18.9% rating. But Kitchen Nightmares didn't bomb. It did 13.7% / 25%. Manzarra and Ljubo drove people to TV overkill. Madness.

EDIT: Nevermind, Kitchen Nightmares actually did 14.1% and 25+% :ohmyzod:  And Jornal da Noite was more watched than it too! People showed up on New Year's Day.

EDIT2: Actually JdN wasn't the 2nd most viewed show of the day, Fate Of The Furious was :ohmygod: 15.1% / 29.8% result. Highest peak was 16.1% / 30.7%. MONSTROUS.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn Holy shit, the ratings went mad last night :ohmygod:

The Masked Singer won, it did 15.5% and 28.5% share. Its highest moment was 18.9% rating. But Kitchen Nightmares didn't bomb. It did 13.7% / 25%. Manzarra and Ljubo drove people to TV overkill. Madness.

EDIT: Nevermind, Kitchen Nightmares actually did 14.1% and 25+% :ohmyzod:  And Jornal da Noite was more watched than it too! People showed up on New Year's Day.

EDIT2: Actually JdN wasn't the 2nd most viewed show of the day, Fate Of The Furious was :ohmygod: 15.1% / 29.8% result. Highest peak was 16.1% / 30.7%. MONSTROUS.

People decided to stay at home and watch some TV. The fact that Ljubo pulled such a big result against the new hyped show of SIC shows how big of a draw he really is. Even I watch a part of Kitchen Nightmares but also checked The Masked Singer. But are actually great adaptations.

12 minutes ago, CJohn said:

People decided to stay at home and watch some TV. The fact that Ljubo pulled such a big result against the new hyped show of SIC shows how big of a draw he really is. Even I watch a part of Kitchen Nightmares but also checked The Masked Singer. But are actually great adaptations.

Yeah, New Years Day is probably the biggest TV day of the year, second being Christmas Day.

Other highlights: Cars 3 did 25% share and Kidnap, the Halle Berry movie, pulled an insane 27% share, while an Andre Rieu concert on RTP beat The Huntsman: Winter's War on TVI. TVI only pulled in 13.3% share despite Ljubo. SIC did a ludicrous 24%.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yeah, New Years Day is probably the biggest TV day of the year, second being Christmas Day.

Other highlights: Cars 3 did 25% share and Kidnap, the Halle Berry movie, pulled an insane 27% share, while an Andre Rieu concert on RTP beat The Huntsman: Winter's War on TVI. TVI only pulled in 13.3% share despite Ljubo.

TVI had awful movie choices. All of them were older movies that have passed on TV before. You can't go with movies like those against the massive premieres on SIC.

Meanwhile it was a busy day in theaters as well, unlike Christmas day, The Grudge (opened yesterday) doubled the OD of Spies in Disguise (opened on Christmas day) despite far less theaters and marketing. Star Wars, Jumanji and Frozen are still going insane so I don't even bother mentioning those. 4 more days of holidays left.

Edited by CJohn
  • Astonished 1

Fine, actually. It’s been a strange bushfire season. We’ve never had the air  quality this bad in Sydney/Wollongong for such an extended period of time. On and off since late November there’s been heavy smoke haze in the air.  Some days it clears but then it comes back in again. However, I haven’t actually had any bushfires close to me or even seen one. The one’s on the South Coast are about an hour’s drive south of me. 

The people evacuating actually have to drive up the motorway through Wollongong. I made the mistake yesterday of using it driving back from the movies and was held up by all of the traffic heading north. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1