Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

15 hours ago, DAR said:

I'm two episodes into the Witcher and right now it's pretty boring.

7 hours ago, filmlover said:

I watched the first three episodes tonight (as a break from all the Christmas specials/movies my family and I have been watching recently) and have to agree it's on the dull side. Definitely nowhere nearly as compelling as Game of Thrones was when it started. I'll continue watching but I don't see this ever becoming an especially great series (or even a very good one) based on everything so far.

It was a struggle to get into as the different time periods isn’t really made clear very well in the first few episodes. However, if you stick with it it is quite enjoyable. 

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

Have yourself a very smokey Christmas. 

This bushfire smoke is ridiculous. You think it’s gone away and then it comes back in again. 

I’ve never had an respiratory issues but it’s even affecting me. 

It's been raining non stop here for weeks, we laugh at Noah and his puny 40 days and 40 night.

Kids and I enjoyed a viewing of Netflix's Klaus (the animated one from this year) this morning.

That's a darn good movie...and a wonderfully heartwarming one...that would have been a nice release on the 1st weekend of December this year...it's probably getting way more viewers through Netflix, but I'd have paid to watch that movie...it might go on my holiday rotation list...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eric Laurence said:

was watching batman returns, paused it and came here to post on the x-mas setting. ❄️

don't remember a cbm that did that since, until shazam - could have well released in the holidays. despite comp in dec, jan could have been healthy.

edit: once upon a dp does not count.

Edited by a2k

With the Witcher series coming out, I tried playing The Witcher today (after having it in my GOG account for about a year). And instead of watching The Witcher series (which just extremely boring), I just watched an explanation of what happens during the events of The Witcher books to catch up on the series. I'm gonna try to also play Witcher 2 (I played few minutes of it like 5 years ago but my old PC couldn't handle it and then I just forgot about the game), and also replay The Witcher 3 over the next few months. I really should have played the first game first because I had no clue what was happening throughout most of The Witcher 3.

The first game is fun and the combat (although clunky) wasn't as bad as I expected. The beast boss was really hard though and there's way too many backtracking quests. Espescially tiring with no fast travel. But the story has me going.

Edited by lorddemaxus

10 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Have yourself a very smokey Christmas. 

This bushfire smoke is ridiculous. You think it’s gone away and then it comes back in again. 

I’ve never had an respiratory issues but it’s even affecting me. 

Where I live in the BC interior it happens almost every summer. It's awful and can get quite dangerous for everyone's respiratory system has you alluded to.

6 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Kids and I enjoyed a viewing of Netflix's Klaus (the animated one from this year) this morning.

That's a darn good movie...and a wonderfully heartwarming one...that would have been a nice release on the 1st weekend of December this year...it's probably getting way more viewers through Netflix, but I'd have paid to watch that movie...it might go on my holiday rotation list...

I actually just watched Klaus a few days. Really simple family film with a great message. Without even looking it up, I recognized a lot of the voices immediately. If it had been released theatrically, it probably wouldn't have done great business, but it would have been a nice alternative to the bigger flashier stuff that gets released over the Holidays. 

• Like 2

I call this one "pulling a Linus."

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.

And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

Luke 2:8-14

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, a2k said:

was watching batman returns, paused it and came here to post on the x-mas setting. ❄️

don't remember a cbm that did that since, until shazam - could have well released in the holidays. despite comp in dec, jan could have been healthy.

edit: once upon a dp does not count.

Iron Man 3 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm happy to report the biggest fight the fam had today was over White Christmas.

Me: I'm gonna rent a movie.

Mom: Awesome.

Me: I'm gonna rent White Christmas.

Mom: No.  I don't want to watch that.

Me: Ugh, fine.  I will just put on Christmas Music.

Then at the Dinner Table:

Me: Mom didn't want to watch White Christmas.

Dad: Good.  It's a stupid movie.

Me: OMG.  It's a GREAT movie.  Like, it has no right to be as good as it is.

Dad: Who brings a Broadway Production to a Farm in Vermont?  It doesn't make any sense!

Me:  It's THE TROPE.  It's called a BACKYARD MUSICAL for a REASON.

Dad: Well, it's still stupid.

So, all an all, fam survived Christmas.

• Haha 6