Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I have a soft spot for The Santa Claus! I loved Tim Allen as a kid and still do. 

On that note, Merry Christmas everyone! All my best to a community who - though some of whom I piss off haha! - means a lot to me. It was almost 3 years ago to the day that I found this forum and signed on to discuss Rogue One box office. I couldn't believe I found a community dedicated to this niche hobby I love so much, and I also couldn't believe how active it was (that's honestly the cherry on top!). I won't lie, I've had a tough go of it for the majority of my time here but it's amazing just how much joy and comfort I've found in a small thing like this forum. I'm grateful for the wealth of knowledge I've gained, the privilege of having access to accurate numbers ahead of time via @RthRise @Jedi Jat as well as the many who regularly track their theatres here, and the simple banter I enjoy on a daily basis!

That ended up being a longer "Merry Christmas" post than I intended, but I wanted to say that. Seriously guys, all my best to all of you and your loved ones this Christmas and here's to an exciting, prosperous new year!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

My son woke up at 4:30 this morning. We managed to stave him off until 6. Mrs Tele is trying to sleep a little more. I’m on my first cup of coffee while Tele Jr stays distracted with his stocking stuffers. 

Gotta set the tone early.  My parents made us stay in bed til 8am...so now I make my kids do that, too.  This year, I relented and let them have their phones and Fires on mute if they stayed in bed:).

We just finished the 2 hour present orgy here (I have 5 siblings, so 4 kids of my own plus 5 siblings sending presents for each + grandparents + santa...well, I try to keep my own buying down, since I also have to wrap EVERYTHING b/c it all comes unwrapped:)...and to be fair, it's just like my childhood, except the fire is fake on the tv and the trees aren't getting knocked down by the dog...but Christmas and chaos - there's nothing better!

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!  And happy holidays to everyone!

PS - Since my son got about 30 new movies on Blu-Ray and DVD (when you count the comboes and sets), I know what I'll be doing between Xmas and NYE...well, that, and watching TROS and the Eagles game this weekend:)...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Plain Old Tele said:

So long story short, when Tele Jr wakes up, we wake up. 🤣😞

This reminds me of the one Christmas where I didn't wake up, so the whole family like woke up me singing some song set to this rooster alarm clock we had. 

ETA...

So I did a quick google search and yeah, this is totally what it was:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Christmas movie viewing was pretty meager this year. I’ll have to get to Elf and The Polar Express late, but I did manage to squeeze in It’s a Wonderful Life, Die Hard, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and the ‘94 remake of Miracle on 34th Street (it ran as a discount “classic” movie at the local pub cinema).

Edited by Webslinger
  • Like 1

Merry Christmas to every fellow box office follower!

I was absent almost all year due to my free time shrinking because of work , but came back for the Frozen 2 OW (and SW of course). Glad to see this community is still going strong and there is plenty of excitement for new movies. I would like to thank the staff and everyone contributing for their enormous work!

4 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

We just finished the 2 hour present orgy here (I have 5 siblings, so 4 kids of my own plus 5 siblings sending presents for each + grandparents + santa...well, I try to keep my own buying down, since I also have to wrap EVERYTHING b/c it all comes unwrapped:)...and to be fair, it's just like my childhood, except the fire is fake on the tv and the trees aren't getting knocked down by the dog...but Christmas and chaos - there's nothing better!

I feel your pain, haha! I checked the time last night when we finally stopped unwrapping presents, it took more than 100 minutes. Downside of having a big family. :D

And it was even longer before my 2 older siblings started their own families. They will visit us tomorrow, then we have 2 more big family gatherings with extended family (mother's/father's side of the family tree). I will certainly gain some extra weight. :lol:

• Like 1

Merry Christmas everyone!

Just a quick question for anyone that uses this item. Does anybody have the Roku express? My brother got me a gift card for a 12-month subscription to Disney plus but my Blu-ray player doesn't do the app and I don't have a smart TV so I'm looking for a way to get the app.

Just curious to people that use the Roku Express how it is and if it's worth the $25?

Edited by 75Live