Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm trying to remember ever being impressed with a Josh Hartnett performance but can't really claim so, at least as far as that brief period where Hollywood hyped him up as The Next Big Star is concerned (haven't checked out anything he's done since). Maybe he's developed acting chops over the years outside of the limelight. 

He was exactly what Channing Tatum is now. I see them as the exact same kind of actor. They even kind of look alike.

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

He was exactly what Channing Tatum is now. I see them as the exact same kind of actor. They even kind of look alike.

Tatum's kinda fallen out of the spotlight too after he seemed like he was gonna become the next box office superstar for a brief moment earlier in the 2010s (headlined three $100M+ hits in 2012 before White House Down seemed to kill the notion of him being the next megastar). Though getting divorced was probably a time-consumer, and he's been mainly making money off of Magic Mike the past few years with that live show in Las Vegas (he also tried putting together a stage musical adaptation that failed to take off).

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Tatum's kinda fallen out of the spotlight too after he seemed like he was gonna become the next box office superstar for a brief moment earlier in the 2010s (headlined three $100M+ hits in 2012 before White House Down seemed to kill the notion of him being the next). Though getting divorced was probably a time-consumer, and he's been mainly making money off of Magic Mike the past few years with that live show in Las Vegas (he also tried putting together a stage musical adaptation that failed to take off).

Watch, he'll have a renaissance of his own in 5-10 years. 

7 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Kagemusha is about a common thief who is forced to impersonate a dead lord he bears a resemblance to. check out vanessa hudgens in The Princess Switch on Netflix.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

The AFC side of the playoffs is amazing...and it's still amazing that poor Andy can't ever get his teams to play in the playoffs...maybe they'll turn it around, but a 21-0 hole b/c of special teams and drops?  Gonna be rough...

Some crazy voodoo stuff must going on. The Texans got all the crazy low-odds breaks in the first quarter, and now the Chiefs are making crazy plays. Three really short touchdown drives, all in the span of like 3 minutes.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

Some crazy voodoo stuff must going on. The Texans got all the crazy low-odds breaks in the first quarter, and now the Chiefs are making crazy plays. Three really short touchdown drives, all in the span of like 3 minutes.

Tale of 2 quarters - this game is absolute insanity.  No idea what happened to Houston in 2nd quarter...but then again, no idea what happened to KC in 1st quarter:)...

My friend had Oscar Isaac over her house. It's a long story, but she got to meet him, get some photos and have some time. It was a family thing for him but my friend is not part of his family. But it was awesome experience for her

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

On 1/11/2020 at 8:27 AM, cannastop said:

I don't drive - due to medical reasons I can't even get a license - and it amazes me how much money I save by not having a vehicle. Or, rather, it amazes me just how little money those who make far more money than I do possess. The fact is, I still get around just fine, and I have the spare cash to arrange suitable transportation whenever needed (flights, charter busses, cabs, Ubers etc.). I miss driving, but God would life be reeeeally difficult if I had to put out a grand plus on a vehicle every month (insurance, car payment, fuel, maintenance etc.).