Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

37 minutes ago, Cap said:

Okay; suggest time. 

I really need to ugly cry, but I need to mask my emotions through arts. So I’m looking for suggestions, I need some thing that makes you ugly cry to watch?

If a cinema near you is showing it, watch Benediction.

Otherwise gonna recommend an Indian film, Kannathil Muthumital, just because I want more people to watch this and cry as much as I did watching it. Bridges of Madison County a pretty good choice if that film doesn't interest you tho.

• Like 1

Just now, Porthos said:

Not even July yet; need to pace yourself on Being Disappointed In Your Fav Baseball Team!

(no, I am totally not taking my own advice when it comes to the Giants, why do you ask???)

But this is the Yankees' world series :kitschjob:

• Sad 1

Just now, MrPink said:

But this is the Yankees' world series :kitschjob:

They win this series and then get bounced in the first round of the real playoffs, I'd take that as An Acceptable Compromise! 👍

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

They win this series and then get bounced in the first round of the real playoffs, I'd take that as An Acceptable Compromise! 👍

But then I have to wait till October for gratification. How about we win this series and they still get bounced in early October :sparta:

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

33 minutes ago, AJG said:

Just saw the fantastic first episode of Hulu's The Old Man. Almost did a spit take when I saw the name of the director whom many posters here claim doesn't actually exist. 

He doesn't. This is a Disney production. They need to keep pretending he exists by adding him to these productions.

Edited by CJohn

2 hours ago, AJG said:

Just saw the fantastic first episode of Hulu's The Old Man. Almost did a spit take when I saw the name of the director whom many posters here claim doesn't actually exist. 

One day these "lol X director doesn't actually exist" posts will die and I will finally find peace in my life.

1 hour ago, Eric Presley said:

One day these "lol X director doesn't actually exist" posts will die and I will finally find peace in my life.

Impossible because Jon Watts doesn't exist. He is an AI created by Sony and Disney.

jon_watts_emma_mcintyregetty_images.jpg

This shit is CGI. All of his pictures look fake af.

8 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Impossible because Jon Watts doesn't exist. He is an AI created by Sony and Disney.

jon_watts_emma_mcintyregetty_images.jpg

This shit is CGI. All of his pictures look fake af.

It’s like that random CGI character they have recurring in Ted Lasso 

brett_goldstein_ted_lasso.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Republicans are frustrating. I like some of their talking points fiscally but they totally put me off with this bizarre obsession with banning abortion, NRA. Some of them still want to overturn legalization of same sex marriage 🤦‍♂️

39 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

Republicans are frustrating. I like some of their talking points fiscally but they totally put me off with this bizarre obsession with banning abortion, NRA. Some of them still want to overturn legalization of same sex marriage 🤦‍♂️

Yeah social conservatism sort of hurts them bad...like Trudeau is deeply unpopular in canada having lost the popular vote twice in a row lol

but each time the Tory guy starts talking about Abortion and gun rights and loses narrowly.

Edited by Torontofan
  • Like 1