Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Wait 15:17 to Paris comes out next week? Ohhhhh fuck yes that means I never have to get that stupid piece of shit propaganda trailer again. Life is pushing me towards something, and it's never seeing that trailer for the 10000th time.

• Like 1

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

Wait 15:17 to Paris comes out next week? Ohhhhh fuck yes that means I never have to get that stupid piece of shit propaganda trailer again. Life is pushing me towards something, and it's never seeing that trailer for the 10000th time.

i dunno maan

• Like 1

I can tell by the trailer alone that 15:17 is going to be a protagonist circle jerk like Sully where every supporting character has to tell the leads how great they are. Hell, maybe it follows the same format with bits of the train attack interjected to whatever else is going on.

Edited by WrathOfHan

I'm seriously considering filing a formal complaint about my biology prof to the school. Problem is they just keep doing borderline stuff that basically turns it into a he said she said thing, and there's obviously no way I would win that argument.

Basically, since the semester began I've been able to tell she has a thing against me. Whenever I do well on an assignment or test, she'll say ''good job... hope you didn't cheat'' and that's ONLY to me. Says it in front of the class too, and when I talk to other people about it half of them say that yea she shouldn't keep doing it every time and the other half say ''it's just a joke'' so idk. And then there have been a few times where she'll say to me in the middle of lecture ''I need you to meet me in my office after class, it's about your assignment.'' So I'm all psyched out during a quiz or lab or whatever we're doing, and when I go see her it's always just like 'oh I just wanted to let you know you did very good on your Lab 4 and I was impressed by your work''. Like yea, thank you, but that's not how you made it out to seem during class.

I don't know, maybe I'm seeing it for more than what it is. Nothing has affected my grade so far and I can't really prove anything. Just knowing that she refuses to look at me during lecture, even when I'm asking a question just makes me know something is up, and I'm worried that something is going to happen that could hurt my grade. Anyone know how else I might be able to deal with this?

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I'm seriously considering filing a formal complaint about my biology prof to the school. Problem is they just keep doing borderline stuff that basically turns it into a he said she said thing, and there's obviously no way I would win that argument.

Basically, since the semester began I've been able to tell she has a thing against me. Whenever I do well on an assignment or test, she'll say ''good job... hope you didn't cheat'' and that's ONLY to me. Says it in front of the class too, and when I talk to other people about it half of them say that yea she shouldn't keep doing it every time and the other half say ''it's just a joke'' so idk. And then there have been a few times where she'll say to me in the middle of lecture ''I need you to meet me in my office after class, it's about your assignment.'' So I'm all psyched out during a quiz or lab or whatever we're doing, and when I go see her it's always just like 'oh I just wanted to let you know you did very good on your Lab 4 and I was impressed by your work''. Like yea, thank you, but that's not how you made it out to seem during class.

I don't know, maybe I'm seeing it for more than what it is. Nothing has affected my grade so far and I can't really prove anything. Just knowing that she refuses to look at me during lecture, even when I'm asking a question just makes me know something is up, and I'm worried that something is going to happen that could hurt my grade. Anyone know how else I might be able to deal with this?

If she invites you to her office and pulls that again, ask her what's really going on.

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

If she invites you to her office and pulls that again, ask her what's really going on.

I want to yea, but I don't want to start shit with her unless I know I can ''win'' because it's already a hard class and I don't want it to feel any harder than it is. Really gunning for that high GPA, but it makes me wonder what's more important.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

I want to yea, but I don't want to start shit with her unless I know I can ''win'' because it's already a hard class and I don't want it to feel any harder than it is. Really gunning for that high GPA, but it makes me wonder what's more important.

If you file a complaint to the school, what's the worst that could happen? If the school notifies her and she continues behaving this way, that could cost her her job.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

"Look at my little baby soda, Spencer!"

• ...wtf 1

51 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I'd keep every graded assignment.

I'd document every comment with dates/times/specific wording.

The next time she asks you to a "meeting", bring a friend with you so you can both document the interaction.

I wouldn't do anything about it unless it becomes punitive.  If I was betting, I almost think she wants to hit on you (age doesn't matter for profs)...and thus you get the "little flirty jokes" in class and you get the "come see me after class", but it doesn't go anywhere b/c she probably doesn't want to further initiate the interaction without buy-in from you.

I only had to threaten one language prof from college with getting take to the board... but he was an older guy with no tenure...and I was in the right 100%, so he ultimately backed down...but it got a little ugly...and then it got really ugly for him come eval time, since the whole class made sure to make our feelings known (b/c no one liked him)...needless to say, he didn't earn tenure...

Edited by TwoMisfits

12 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I just gave blood for the first time

and almost passed out in my local Starbucks. Good thing the people here are so nice.

My blood BETTER help someone after all that.

it always helps.

Glad people were nice at Starbucks.  

You did a good thing.  Yes that happens to some people after giving blood.  I have seen people pass out or go very weak.  It's why most places give drinks and snacks right afterwards.  But still everyone gets affected differently

1 minute ago, 75Live said:

it always helps.

Glad people were nice at Starbucks.  

You did a good thing.  Yes that happens to some people after giving blood.  I have seen people pass out or go very weak.  It's why most places give drinks and snacks right afterwards.  But still everyone gets affected differently

Yeah, I thought I was okay and for a whopping two minutes, i was (This bus was parked right outside of Starbucks so thankfully i didn't have to drive anywhere)

I'm going to sit here for about an hour or so and slowly drink some juice. that's my sugary drink allotment for the week but at least I'm feeling better.

• Like 1