Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, Morieris said:

Yeah, I thought I was okay and for a whopping two minutes, i was (This bus was parked right outside of Starbucks so thankfully i didn't have to drive anywhere)

I'm going to sit here for about an hour or so and slowly drink some juice. that's my sugary drink allotment for the week but at least I'm feeling better.

Good idea about just relaxing for a bit and getting something to drink/eat.  It will help.  

Don't let this make you leery about giving blood again.  At least now you know what may happen, so bring a helmet next time in case you fall :P

but seriously, glad you're feeling better and it will pass.

• Thanks 1

Just now, DAR said:

Someone recently asked me if the three guys portraying themselves in 15:17 survived.  :apocalypse:

I kinda feel bad for the guys who were originally going to play the roles in the movie (Kyle Gallner, Jeremie Harris, Alexander Ludwig) until Clint decided to go all "fuck this, I'm just gonna get the real people." That's something of a slap to the face there for an actor.

• Like 1

I honestly think it’s a pretty terrible idea to get people who aren’t actors to play themselves in a movie.  Just because you’re playing yourself, doesn’t mean you’re still not playing a character.  

Even in something that successfully did it, like The Big Sick, only Kumail Nanjiani played himself, and he’s actually an actor.

You could also look at This is the End, but the actors play caricatures of themselves.  

I can’t think of a time where a non-actor played themselves, in a leading role, and did a good job.  Especially for something dramatic.

I find it quite funny that the marketing for The 15:17 to Paris is trying to make it seem like there's never been a movie like this before (where non-actor real people play themselves in a movie). How quickly the world seems to have forgotten Act of Valor exists.

I want to post this BOFFY/All-Time list survey in here again.  I am definitely using the results of this survey as a map on how I set up the rules for this year’s BOT All-Time list.  So if there’s a rule change that pops up (like no changing your list once you send it in) that you get mad about and you didn’t vote, it’s on you.  I will not change anything unless I get ~%60 agreeance from the people who fill out the survey

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VM35BPC

They did someone close enough here with La vendedora de rosas. A version of The Little Match Girl using people from the bad neighborhoods of Medellin. I think most of them are now dead, jailed and the only one that isn't is a hooker now. A biography of the movie's lead was a top rated tv show a couple of years ago too.

It really frustrates me that my sister is hanging out with an utter moron that has no respect for her. While I was out yesterday, her friend came over, and my mom told me the details. My mom was making herself some english muffins and asked him if he wanted any. He did, but my sister couldn't have them because she has a gluten intolerance. She ate something else, and her friend asked her "Why aren't you having these?" My mom and sister both gave him a look, and he went "Oh that's right, you're on some fad diet! What is it, again?" It legitimately took him a while to get it correctly. At first, he thought it was lactose intolerance. No, he didn't think she had lactose intolerance; he actually thought gluten intolerance and lactose intolerance were the same fucking thing. They've been hanging out regularly for 9 months now and are always going out to dinner. My sister orders gluten-free stuff all the time. Are you seriously that much of a dipshit to NOT remember that??? My mom says he genuinely has the mentality of a teenager despite being in his 30s. 

My sister is just using this guy to get out of the house. I don't entirely blame her, but why would you hang out with such a lowlife? He was complaining about how she never speaks when they're together, and that's because she's a really uptight introvert. It really says a lot about both of them that they're hanging out together because they're such polar opposites. My mom says that the more she hangs out with him, the more she'll realize how much of a fucking idiot he is, and I generally agree with that. It's just a bit disheartening. 

Just now, Telemachos said:

^^ If your sister is just using him to get out of the house, I doubt the relationship lasts that long once she does.

Oh, it's all but certain to die once she goes to a university in the fall. The guy spams her phone with text messages all day, so I'm really curious what happens with that if they're still on good terms when she leaves.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It really frustrates me that my sister is hanging out with an utter moron that has no respect for her. While I was out yesterday, her friend came over, and my mom told me the details. My mom was making herself some english muffins and asked him if he wanted any. He did, but my sister couldn't have them because she has a gluten intolerance. She ate something else, and her friend asked her "Why aren't you having these?" My mom and sister both gave him a look, and he went "Oh that's right, you're on some fad diet! What is it, again?" It legitimately took him a while to get it correctly. At first, he thought it was lactose intolerance. No, he didn't think she had lactose intolerance; he actually thought gluten intolerance and lactose intolerance were the same fucking thing. They've been hanging out regularly for 9 months now and are always going out to dinner. My sister orders gluten-free stuff all the time. Are you seriously that much of a dipshit to NOT remember that??? My mom says he genuinely has the mentality of a teenager despite being in his 30s. 

My sister is just using this guy to get out of the house. I don't entirely blame her, but why would you hang out with such a lowlife? He was complaining about how she never speaks when they're together, and that's because she's a really uptight introvert. It really says a lot about both of them that they're hanging out together because they're such polar opposites. My mom says that the more she hangs out with him, the more she'll realize how much of a fucking idiot he is, and I generally agree with that. It's just a bit disheartening. 

That really sucks. Hopefully, she realizes sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Poe Blankeron said:

shockingly, I got all my weekend's homework done yesterday, so today... movie marathon!!

The Mummy (2017)

Coco - rewatch

Colossal

Fruitvale Station - rewatch

YAYYYY

Swapping out Colossal for Cloverfield HYPE