Finnick

Weekend Thread | Estimates: T:R 57.08M, DH2 29.65M, MOTOE 28.68M, ABMC 11.47M, 32.4K PTA for Lady Bird (Deadline, p.46) | The box office is good again!

10 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So will Ragnarok pass Winter Soldier by next Sunday?

I think that’s a bit high of a goalpost for next Sunday, especially in the face of JL release. 

It’ll be at around $250M-$255 is my guess. 

• Like 2

Nice to see Daddy’s Home 2 and Murder debut on the high end of expectations. Also holdovers are actually really good! 

Thor 3 had a better hold than Thor 2, but may or may not be affected hard by Justice League on Friday. But either way $300 million total seems a nice possibility. 

Daddy’s Home 2 did better than expected with an estimated $30 million, which is $8.7 million less than its predecessor’s debut which came out on Christmas. But still not a  bad decrease, considering how notable sequels such as Neighbors 2, Horrible Bosses 2, or Ted 2 saw larger declines(especially Neighbors & Ted) in their opening weekends and totals. But with Thanksgiving and the beauty of holiday legs, Daddy’s Home 2 does have a shot at $100 million, which is much needed for Paramount as they’ve been in a rut since the beginning of 2017. 

Murder On Orient Express also debuted solid with an estimated $28.2 million, which is also ahead of expectations and is ahead of last year’s Arrival on this similar weekend. It also the 3rd best debut for actor and director Kenneth Branagh, and is actually a good debut for actor Johnny Depp as he’s had a string of bombs from 2011-2016. So overall with once again similar to Daddy’s Home 2, holiday legs will be key and with a quiet thanksgiving, Murder could hold up fine for the next few weeks and although word of mouth is liking it but not loving it $100 million total isn’t out of play either. 

A Bad Moms Christmas had a jolly weekend, as it had a much jollier second weekend drop than its predecessor as it dropped 31% this weekend where the original dropped 41%, which is very good. With potential more MILFY legs coming, Bad Moms Christmas could be making around $70 million domestic.

Jigsaw is still playing better this Saw 3D, as it saw an under 50% drop this weekend whereas Saw 3D saw a over 60% on its third weekend 7 years ago. So that’s very good for a dormant horror sequel, and for a 8th sequel to a horror franchise as Halloween, or Friday The 13th died down heavily in their 8th outings. So with bigger declines coming up this weekend, still a total around $40 million still doesn’t seem too shabby.

As for the rest, Boo 2! Still on close to make a Silent scream as the weakest Madea film. Geostorm is close to $200 million worldwide. Blade Runner is close to $90 million. Happy Death Day is close to $55 million. 

Also Lady Bird had a decent expansion(under 40 screens!), and is performing higher than Frances Ha did in 60 screens it’s second weekend 4 years ago! So look for Lady Bird to see a higher expansion around Thanksgiving or early December. 

Other than 2017 is coming close to 2012,2013, and 2015. Still needs to get on the heels of 2016. But Justice League, and Coco should help fix that hopefully. As November, has had so far thankfully no bombs. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

:wintf:

*Sigh*.  I come back to this forum after a few hours, and I have four notifications. And guess what, all of them say "so and so quoted ...", which is silly, because "quoted" always means some critical comment.

All you guys should do is "like" my comments, seriously. That's what your contributions should be, just  a bunch of "likes" for whatever pearls of wisdom, like WB > DIS i deign to drop around here. ;)

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, SteveJaros said:

*Sigh*.  I come back to this forum after a few hours, and I have four notifications. And guess what, all of them say "so and so quoted ...", which is silly, because "quoted" always means some critical comment.

All you guys should do is "like" my comments, seriously. That's what your contributions should be, just  a bunch of "likes" for whatever pearls of wisdom, like WB > DIS i deign to drop around here. ;)

This takes like whoring to new levels

• Like 5

1 minute ago, SteveJaros said:

Are you a troll?

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Dude, even if JL makes the high end of expectations, there's still this thing called "The Last Jedi" .....I'll give you this: it was much closer than expected, but it's really not happening.

We'll see. IMO, you guys are underestimating JL, it's going to push $500m DOM, it's going to undercut TR coming and Coco going, outgrossing both combined DOM.

And you're overrating Jedi. IMO, Disney has gone to the well once too often. They've soaked the Christmas box office with Star Wars two years in a row, and the third time is going to be the Curse.

WB for the win!  

Edited by SteveJaros

2 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

That's why you got a WTF quote instead of a WTF like.  I refuse to contribute a like to that post.  :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

We'll see. IMO, you guys are underestimating JL, it's going to push $500m DOM, it's going to undercut TR coming and Coco going, outgrossing both combined DOM.

And you're overrating Jedi. IMO, Disney has gone to the well once too often. They've soaked the Christmas box office with Star Wars two years in a row, and the third time is going to be the Curse.

WB for the win!  

Image result for you're really sad gif