Finnick

Weekend Thread | Estimates: T:R 57.08M, DH2 29.65M, MOTOE 28.68M, ABMC 11.47M, 32.4K PTA for Lady Bird (Deadline, p.46) | The box office is good again!

I wanted to like Murder on the Orient Express more tbh. Didn't feel there was any character development, nor was there any suspense in the actual "detecting" - Hecules seems to just know things out of the blue. Production values were good, cast was fine but none of them had character backing. Branagh is terrific - easily the best part of the movie. Loved him, was blah at best on the rest.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Murder on the Orient Express was good.

Think I prefer the 1974 Albert Finney version though.

That Doyle piano cue though @ddddeeee

I agree that the Finney version is better but I prefer the ending of Branagh's.

I'm game for more Branagh Poirot.

• Like 2

The Finney / Lumet version told its story in a better fashion, even if I do enjoy Branagh's a lot. I hope they make a follow-up. I'm game for another adaptation of Death on the Nile or something. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

The Finney / Lumet version told its story in a better fashion, even if I do enjoy Branagh's a lot. I hope they make a follow-up. I'm game for another adaptation of Death on the Nile or something. 

Yes please

21 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Yes please

The film is a seeming success and if it has good enough legs, I imagine they'll probably make a follow-up at least. Death on the Nile makes really sense as the second film. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

44 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Haven't you created like a thousand clubs already? Then whats with the question? You're so persistent with your antics

Never mind. I ain't asking you for nothin'.

You ain't part of it. 

4 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Really enjoyed Thor. Don't know how much it will stick with me, but it sure is one hell of a fun time. Everyone has their moment but Hemsworth is the MVP. Was able to fully unleash Thor's comedic potential, plus he made what was previously a pretty blah character really likable.

I've thought for a while now that Hemsworth's true calling is basically playing a surfer dude/meathead. This and Ghostbusters show he's really good at it.

• Like 3