Finnick

Weekend Thread | Estimates: T:R 57.08M, DH2 29.65M, MOTOE 28.68M, ABMC 11.47M, 32.4K PTA for Lady Bird (Deadline, p.46) | The box office is good again!

strong numbers!!  Daddy's Home 2 and Orient Express both have a chance to match Arrival's OW from a similar time frame in 2016.  I wonder if the concept of Mel Gibson being back is bringing out the crowds and causing people to split between DH2 and Orient?  I know last year, the averages were very strong for Jack Reacher, Accountant, Girl on a Train, Miss Peregrine and a bunch others amongst the openings of Doctor Strange + Arrival + Trolls etc.  It was like people were debating what to see because there was so much out there but they did not want to see Doctor Strange and then Jack Reacher is sold out again.  It seems like the same thing might be happening this year.  Mel Gibson has been in soo many commercials.  Definitely his presence has people talking, and then when the people finally get to the ticket booth, they see Bad Mom's Christmas.  As far as how I think the weekend will go, I think large crowds will come out and everything will do well, but I see Thor holding a giant vaccuum cleaner sucking in all undecided moviegoers.  Also I forgot to mention, the numbers always go up at the beginning of November and continue to push upward.  Veteran's Day is a big focus this weekend!  A lot of schools have Friday off and the calendar date for Veteran's Day is Saturday.    Probably a lot of people want to take this weekend off.  That could push for strong numbers everywhere. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

Yea in the big cities...huge complexes 

I have never seen one so big. My wife dragged me to one in Malibu. Jeez. It was massive.

It was hilarious when she said she's mrs. Xyz. I look pretty white and she's blonde and the priest was like WTF is going on. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Ranking time?

1 - Boom

2 - Inner City Pressure

3 - Mutha'uckas

4 - Bowie's in Space

5 - Robots

6 - Think About It

7 - Too Many Dicks on the Dance Floor

8 - Business Time

9 - Hurt Feelings

10 - Prince of Parties

justice 4 bowie's in space.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Well if we're gonna go into this ranking business

1. Exodus

2. There's No Place Like Home

3. Through the Looking Glass

4. The End

5. The Incident

6. Live Together, Die Alone

7 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Die Hard 

4 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Ranking time?

1 - Boom

2 - Inner City Pressure

3 - Mutha'uckas

4 - Bowie's in Space

5 - Robots

6 - Think About It

7 - Too Many Dicks on the Dance Floor

8 - Business Time

9 - Hurt Feelings

10 - Prince of Parties

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:
  1. Child's Play
  2. Cult of Chucky
  3. Bride of Chucky
  4. Curse of Chucky
  5. Child's Play 2
  6. Child's Play 3
  7. Seed of Chucky

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

I have never seen one so big. My wife dragged me to one in Malibu. Jeez. It was massive.

It was hilarious when she said she's mrs. Xyz. I look pretty white and she's blonde and the priest was like WTF is going on. 

Malibu is very nice..have you ever gotten to go to the Getty Villa?