Finnick

Weekend Thread | Estimates: T:R 57.08M, DH2 29.65M, MOTOE 28.68M, ABMC 11.47M, 32.4K PTA for Lady Bird (Deadline, p.46) | The box office is good again!

59 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Andrew Garfield is annoying as fuck in the first half. Dude is basically a caricature of the time period.

That's the impression I got when I first saw the trailer so I left it out my top 15 in the Winter Game.

Then boom, it's a critically acclaimed break out hit that gets nominated for an oscar.

The trailer makes it look like razzie material.

9 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Not necessarily, but that shit wasn't just a little corny - which is fine- that shit was middle of Iowa during harvest season. There's a limit.

I never gave my take on Hidden Figures. It has a great cast and alot of energy and it is an important propulsive movie about an important subject. But as a SJW liberal whatever, there is one scene that rings incredibly false to me. Why the hell did they give their big inspirational moment of the entire movie to Kevin Costner's old white guy? he gets to give the huge inspirational monologue about us all being equal, and boom! racism is solved. Just super duper tone deaf. Made it into one of those movies that were supposed to make white people feel okay about our ability to not be racist, instead of actually being about lasting systemic racism.

Because all he cared about was getting the job done, and done as quickly as possible. It wasn't solving racism or sexism. Again, IMO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Not necessarily, but that shit wasn't just a little corny - which is fine- that shit was middle of Iowa during harvest season. There's a limit.

I never gave my take on Hidden Figures. It has a great cast and alot of energy and it is an important propulsive movie about an important subject. But as a SJW liberal whatever, there is one scene that rings incredibly false to me. Why the hell did they give their big inspirational moment of the entire movie to Kevin Costner's old white guy? he gets to give the huge inspirational monologue about us all being equal, and boom! racism is solved. Just super duper tone deaf. Made it into one of those movies that were supposed to make white people feel okay about our ability to not be racist, instead of actually being about lasting systemic racism.

Well the thing is many people of colour don't think in childish ways that you do.

Only a white sjw would.

24 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Oh shit we ranking the Best Pic Noms?

1. Moonlight

2. La La Land

3. Hell or High Water

4. Manchester By The Sea

5. Lion

6. Fences

7. Arrival

8. Hidden Figures

9. Hacksaw Ridge