Finnick

Weekend Thread | Estimates: T:R 57.08M, DH2 29.65M, MOTOE 28.68M, ABMC 11.47M, 32.4K PTA for Lady Bird (Deadline, p.46) | The box office is good again!

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

It's always fun to get threadbanned for spoilers over the most pointless movies.  like getting banned for spoiling Flatliners.

What they

Spoiler

died and then they come back?

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

-spoiler by implication-

A "spoiler" is considered as such until four weeks after the North American release of a film. In the case of spoilers being posted outside a film's respective thread, they must be tagged until the movie has been has been released on home video in North America.

Can't even follow your own rules

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

Hot take: The insane lovefest for Hacksaw Ridge here/Oscars was weird not just because Mel Gibson is a creep, but because that movie is outright BAD outside of the second half war scenes. Like a creaky faith-based movie you find out later is bankrolled by Sean Hannity. It was like Same Kind of Different As Me outside the war stuff. Not good, corny as hell. The battle scenes are real and intense as hell, though. The best I've seen war scenes done maybe. He's good at that stuff. Maybe when he said we were responsible for all the wars in the world he meant it as a compliment!

IMO and all that before anyone freaks out on me, obviously.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Hot take: The insane lovefest for Hacksaw Ridge here/Oscars was weird not just because Mel Gibson is a creep, but because that movie is outright BAD outside of the second half war scenes. Like a creaky faith-based movie you find out later is bankrolled by Sean Hannity. It was like Same Kind of Different As Me outside the war stuff. Not good, corny as hell. The battle scenes are real and intense as hell, though. The best I've seen war scenes done maybe. He's good at that stuff. Maybe when he said we were responsible for all the wars in the world he meant it as a compliment!

Andrew Garfield is annoying as fuck in the first half. Dude is basically a caricature of the time period.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

What's also weird is that the real story of the battle is actually even more inspirational. In reality, after he's injured by shrapnel, he continued to aid soldiers until his arm broke.

1 minute ago, Frozen said:

How in the hell does Daddy's Home have a $70 million budget? That thing should have cost no more than 35.

Mel Gibson and Mark Wahlberg are in the same movie, they probably had to shell out for 20 PR firms just in case.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Apparently a hot take: I really like Hacksaw Ridge.

You're probably one of those dudes who said "Wow, Vince Vaughn is Oscar worthy in this! And Sam Worthington is actually great!" after they gave half competent performances without shitting themselves.

gotta give props to mel gibson for directing my favourite scene of all time though. in passion of christ there's that seemingly pointless flashback of Jesus inventing the table and his mother is like "Oh Jesus you're nuts! That'll never catch on!" directly in the middle of scenes of him getting whipped or whatever. good scene always have a good time with that one. otherwise that's like a whole movie of "I'm gon have to beat u naow"!!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

hotter take the battle scenes are intense for like ten minutes and then when it's half an hour of andrew garfield (who's ridiculous in the movie btw) carrying dudes over a cliff it's like alright cool i get it good on ya buddy.

The war scenes are pretty good on the whole, but this really elevates it:

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

You're probably one of those dudes who said "Wow, Vince Vaughn is Oscar worthy in this! And Sam Worthington is actually great!" after they gave half competent performances without shitting themselves.

Nah, they were both forgettable.  movie around them is really good though!