Finnick

Weekend Thread | Estimates: T:R 57.08M, DH2 29.65M, MOTOE 28.68M, ABMC 11.47M, 32.4K PTA for Lady Bird (Deadline, p.46) | The box office is good again!

Believe me, I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but isn't it a little strange that Deadline is predicting a weirdly high 2nd weekend for Thor and a weirdly low OW for JL? Like, 100-120 for JL? That's ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 jump street is a lot of the same jokes. not all there's some good fresh stuff but it's still too much. which is why most comedy sequels don't work really.

ALSO that's why bill and ted 2 rules. today that movie would just be they hop back in their time machine and do the same deal with different historical figures or whatever.

• Like 2

Just now, MrPink said:

I'm not gonna pretend Daddy's Home 2 is high art, but if you ever wanted to see Mel Gibson play a sexist pig/deadbeat dad, this is the movie to see.

please confirm for me something i've been constantly assuming about this movie since the trailer dropped. would it have been funnier if john lithgow and mel gibson switched roles?

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

please confirm for me something i've been constantly assuming about this movie since the trailer dropped. would it have been funnier if john lithgow and mel gibson switched roles?

Possibly. As is, John Lithgow gets fuck all to do.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I'm not gonna pretend Daddy's Home 2 is high art, but if you ever wanted to see Mel Gibson play a sexist pig/deadbeat dad, this is the movie to see.

What if I never wanted to see Mel Gibson again, would you recommend it to me?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

What if I never wanted to see Mel Gibson again, would you recommend it to me?

Yes. Because one of the subplots is about a white boy trying to get together with an Asian girl, it's your life story at heart. And what if Mel Gibson's character is really just his What Women Want character 20 years later?

Spoiler

This was revealed in trailer #2, not a spoiler

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Disbelief 2

Just now, MrPink said:

Yes. Because one of the subplots is about a white boy trying to get together with an Asian girl, it's your life story at heart.

Reveal hidden contents

Pink...

30HQK6g.gif

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Yes. Because one of the subplots is about a white boy trying to get together with an Asian girl, it's your life story at heart

Hide contents

This was revealed in trailer #2, not a spoiler

I wish it wasn't in the trailer so you could get threadbanned over Daddy's Home 2

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

New BOP predictions and TCs: http://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-insidious-last-key-mollys-game/

Insidious: 19.5/34.5

Molly's Game: 6/21

The Star: 12/44 (-8/27%)

Coco: 4,000

I guess Roman Israel is getting dumped worse than Billy Lynn because BOP removed it :rofl: 

I'm not surprised. Definitely feels like it's being dumped. Good chance it'll be Denzel's lowest-grossing film since at least 1995's Devil in a Blue Dress.

5 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Yes. Because one of the subplots is about a white boy trying to get together with an Asian girl, it's your life story at heart. And what if Mel Gibson's character is really just his What Women Want character 20 years later?

Reveal hidden contents

It sounds like you're pretending it's high art.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Academy Award winner for Best Editing

i know that's the most serious scene ever but me and my brother laughed out loud at that shit in the cinema and we quote the slow motion "i'm gon have to beat u naow" pretty much every time we see each other.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, That One Guy said:

I wish it wasn't in the trailer so you could get threadbanned over Daddy's Home 2

Believe me, I kinda want to.

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Pink...

30HQK6g.gif

I REJECT YOUR ANSWER 

Dc5MLXR.gif

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

22 jump street is a lot of the same jokes. not all there's some good fresh stuff but it's still too much. which is why most comedy sequels don't work really.

ALSO that's why bill and ted 2 rules. today that movie would just be they hop back in their time machine and do the same deal with different historical figures or whatever.

I have to watch Bill and Ted again. Haven’t watched it in ages. 

Outstanding.