Top Grossing Movies of 2019 Predicts

5 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Thinking 

Lion King 700 million

End Game 650 million

Episode 9 600 million

The Lion King & Avengers: Endgame +$600 mln

Episode IX ~$500 mln

Is it still too early to open my club Episode IX under Attack of the Clones adjusted? :) 

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Over 1B

Frozen 2, Captain Marvel, WW84, Jakesterio, Episode IX (but under TLJ)

Wonder Woman 1984 is 2020 movie.

6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Ok for real now even you should acknowledge that 2019 could be a gigantic year for the box office.

only big thing with heart is Pikachu, rest is forumalic checkbox filming. Heck in the TLK they're just reskinning an old film and pretending it's new.

Out of EP9, Endgame for cape and TLK, I think I actually despise TLK the most. The beauty and the beast live action should not have made as much as it did (although it was less than 0.5A).  I'm really not a fan of real animals with human voices, it just isn't as good as the animated version. The expressiveness of the characters will be lost and we will be left with this soulless garbage here to rinse our wallets, dishonest film-making.

Sure there will be lots of money to be made, showing how easy it's become to make 0.5A, but these are not films I can get behind (especially lion king). God they're even going to re-use one of the greatest soundtracks of all time and people will think it's amazing because of it.

Just now, IronJimbo said:

only big thing with heart is Pikachu, rest is forumalic checkbox filming. Heck in the TLK they're just reskinning an old film and pretending it's new.

Out of EP9, Endgame for cape and TLK, I think I actually despise TLK the most. The beauty and the beast live action should not have made as much as it did (although it was less than 0.5A).  I'm really not a fan of real animals with human voices, it just isn't as good as the animated version. The expressiveness of the characters will be lost and we will be left with this soulless garbage here to rinse our wallets, dishonest film-making.

Sure there will be lots of money to be made, showing how easy it's become to make 0.5A, but these are not films I can get behind (especially lion king). God they're even going to re-use one of the greatest soundtracks of all time and people will think it's amazing because of it.

I agree with TLK. Will proabably be the only 1,5B-2B run that i wont care for in the slightest. But 2019 has so much else to offer also besides the obvious mega-hits:

-Glass could really be a breakout and show that the good M. Night is back
-Godzilla: KotM has the potential to elevate the kaiju genre to a whole other level

-Pika-Pika

-IT: Chapter 2 will be very interesting to follow coming of the biggest horror hit of this decade

-Star Wars IX could earn anywhere from 800M to 1,5B worldwide purely depening on marketing and reception

-Frozen 2 is a wildcard; will it replicate the first ones success or does it come too late?

-Endgame could challenge Titanic for the #2 spot worldwide

-Alita is a big question mark, from bomb to surprise blockbuster, everything is possible for it

-Once Upon a Time in Hollywood because best cast of the last few years and Tarantino yay

-John Wick 3: Will the series continue to grow in the shadow of all the big films?

-How badly will Aladdin flop?

Really exciting year imo.

I'm looking the hell forward to TLK and proud of it. Got chills watching the teaser.

On the other hand, I couldn't care less about Avatar 2 coming in two years, even though it'll be monstrous and fun to follow as a box office fan.

Different strokes, right?

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

I'm looking the hell forward to TLK and proud of it. Got chills watching the teaser.

On the other hand, I couldn't care less about Avatar 2 coming in two years, even though it'll be monstrous and fun to follow as a box office fan.

Of course. It would be hella boring if everyone would anticipate the same movies to the same degree imo :)

• Thanks 1

Don't think Frozen 2 could possibly decrease from the first, at least substantially. It has become so engrained in popular culture, especially among kids and (those who are now young teens who saw the movie when it first came out) that it will not matter that it came out 6 years after the original. I honestly think it is on the level of Aladdin or TLK (okay maybe not quite TLK) but in the sense that its popularity has become so rampant that it will do well regardless. 

Also, unless IX is crap, I think it'll do 700M. 

TLJ from TFA was pretty much the same drop as ATOC from TPM. What's more, ATOC and TLJ were both very divisive (and depending on who you ask, terrible), in some way "tarnishing?" the brand for some people. Solo was basically The Clone Wars tv series of 2002 (pretty decent, but not watched by many). And if they can make and market IX in some way that gives a sense of finality, I don't see why it can't increase like ROTS

The same % increase from TLJ as ROTS saw from ATOC would give IX 750M. I'm taking off 50M and going with 700 because of the whole "ROTS had Vader's birth" hook which IX obviously won't have. But no doubt ROTS's sense of finality brought back some audiences. I think if Disney makes and markets this right, it could really challenge Avengers and TLK as a 3-way race for the 2019 crown. 

(with Frozen 2 being an Incredibles 2 type wildcard tbh). Predicting 450 for it, but I could see it pulling something almost like Incredibles 2. Will obviously have to wait to see what the hook is, the marketing, and quality of course. 

Edited by DAJK

17 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I agree with TLK. Will proabably be the only 1,5B-2B run that i wont care for in the slightest. But 2019 has so much else to offer also besides the obvious mega-hits:

-Glass could really be a breakout and show that the good M. Night is back
-Godzilla: KotM has the potential to elevate the kaiju genre to a whole other level

-Pika-Pika

-IT: Chapter 2 will be very interesting to follow coming of the biggest horror hit of this decade

-Star Wars IX could earn anywhere from 800M to 1,5B worldwide purely depening on marketing and reception

-Frozen 2 is a wildcard; will it replicate the first ones success or does it come too late?

-Endgame could challenge Titanic for the #2 spot worldwide

-Alita is a big question mark, from bomb to surprise blockbuster, everything is possible for it

-Once Upon a Time in Hollywood because best cast of the last few years and Tarantino yay

-John Wick 3: Will the series continue to grow in the shadow of all the big films?

-How badly will Aladdin flop?

Really exciting year imo.

I'll enjoy following the big busters and Alita that's for sure. I just am wishing for their failure. Hopefully Pikachu can make some cash and we see a decent live action pokemon movie that isn't a comedy... an adventure drama would be good. The thing is Jim's power will be seen in it's full force, everytime he breaks a record he sounds like a broken record. He is THE king of the box office and cinema and he's benn cooking up a storm for 2020. More prepared and experienced than ever.

14 minutes ago, JB33 said:

You got the chills because the music is iconic, not because the remake has any merit. Also I'll see you at the midnight release.

• Like 1

People underestimating or not even talking about TS4. It won't be Incredibles 2 simply because we've already had 2 proper sequels and the competition from SLOP2 (another one people aren't talking about). But TS4 could come close to Finding Dory.

From April to July it's all about how much those late spring/summer films can squeeze in before TLK. 

And this talk about Aladdin flopping? No way. Just not on the front line of 2019.

• Like 1