DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

6 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

Am I the only one who cannot bother to care about these glorified youtubers? Up until JL came out, I didn't even know that Campea, Jeremy Jahns and Scott Mendelson are 3 different persons.

They're just there to make relatable movie recommendations for popular movies.

It's pretty harmless and most popular movies don't require deep analysis and study so why not have average joes give a 2 minute opinion on Suicide Squad or Justice League?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

You're one of the first people I've seen put BvS above JL.

Eisenberg alone makes it multitudes better than JL. BvS has a personality and a voice behind it that's interesting if heavily flawed and moronic at points. JL is a fart in the wind

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

They're just there to make relatable movie recommendations for popular movies.

It's pretty harmless and most popular movies don't require deep analysis and study so why not have average joes give a 2 minute opinion on Suicide Squad or Justice League?

Because they're not funny, entertaining, witty, or relatable. They're always so forced like they're trying so hard to entertain you. 

• Like 1

Looking at the weekend's surprises (since Wonder and The Star have now both passed tracking)...maybe studios will go back to making family movies not based on a toy and not marketed as 4 million toys.  Seems like there's a huge pent up demand for a movie you don't have to see every time you visit the toy aisle...

Don't sell me a product - just sell me the movie:)...it's kinda refreshing...

8 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Eisenberg alone makes it multitudes better than JL. BvS has a personality and a voice behind it that's interesting if heavily flawed and moronic at points. JL is a fart in the wind

Haven't seen JL yet but I think this is true of the BvS director's cut. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Objectively, it's a good opening. Compared to various expectations of studios, fanboys, etc.? Maybe not. But go with the objective, not the hopes and dreams.

To you, literally any excuse works for you to convince yourself that Justice League is actually doing well and that your (at a certain point in time surprisingly smart, but now absolutely doomed to be crushed) WB wins 2017 club still stands a chance, right?

No. 95M is the furthest thing from good for a sequel to a movie that opened to 248M and the direct franchise followup to a spin-off prequel that made 155M OW. Just like 95M isn't anything close to good for a movie that's supposed to be the culmination of sorts of a franchise composed of the following grosses: 115 (or 128) M OW and 291M DOM; 166M OW and 330M DOM; 133M OW and 325M DOM; 103M OW and 413M DOM. See what they all have in common? They ALL opened over 100M. And they were the movies that were building to Justice League. This is like if the 1st seven Harry Potter movies did really well, but then Deathly Hallows: Part 2 massively underperformed.

95M is a lot of money, no question. But a lot of money =/= a good opening. And it's not objectively good for a 300M budgeted blockbuster that Warner Bros. has been building for 5 years - hell, more than that, actually, when you really think about it - and whose franchise predecessors all opened above 100M. Hell, Wonder Woman, a solo origin story that had to fight off the shitty reactions to BVS and Suicide Squad, opened to over 100. Fucking Thor: Ragnarok - the threequel to Thor, the lesser of the main Avengers trio - and the 2nd Spider-Man reboot in a decade opened to over 100M as well. Yet.... Justice League, the DC Avengers, can't even get past that on opening weekend? Get outta here if you're really that delusional that it's a good opening (or just a troll, I don't know).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

At least WB still have IT and The Conjuring Universe!

The fact that IT will have a bigger opening weekend than Justice League, a movie most people have been waiting their whole lives to see, is really a testament to how much of a monster opening weekend that film had. Especially for a movie opening at the beginning of September.

Honestly...i wish Warner Bros would start a next big franchise (that isn’t DC-related) but with smaller budgets.

Like say.....they could have done more lighter & more family-appealing superhero franchises like.....a theatrical version of ”Ben 10” for example, done by people who knows how to make it stay true to it’s source material. Honestly....this was my dream wish that sadly hasn’t happened. Imagine how it would have fared if it was done by the right people at Hollywood.

Warner Bros could have had a more refreshing successes with other franchises for once.