DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

11 hours ago, B D Joe said:

Snyder's been coasting off 300 and Watchman video sales for a decade.

Watchmen was a whole decade ago. WOW. I wonder if he'll do anymore big movies anytime soon. Talk about falling up. Just another case of a straight white male getting umpteen chances in Hollywood.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

nah but i got you

1. Much Ado About Nothing

2. Henry V

3. Hamlet

4. Frankenstein

5. Dead Again

6. As You Like It

7. Jack Ryan

8. Thor

9. Cinderella

10. Love's Labour's Lost

Jack Ryan and Thor ahead of Cinderella!?!?!?!?:gold:

12 minutes ago, Sam said:

Shame there’s no Best Dialogue category. 

If there was, I’d given that one to Aquabro.  

Rick Flagg had that on lockdown last year for his Katana monologue

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Watchmen was a whole decade ago. WOW. I wonder if he'll do anymore big movies anytime soon. Talk about falling up. Just another case of a straight white male getting umpteen chances in Hollywood.

The sad thing about Snyder is he's losing his touch visually. He was never a master filmmaker or anything but with Dawn of the Dead, 300, and Watchmen he was a competent storyteller with an excellent eye for visuals. He lost the former a couple movies ago, and now he doesn't even have the latter.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SteveJaros said:

Objective means "on its own terms". Even for a movie that cost $250m, a $95m opening weekend is pretty good. It's not great, but it's nowhere near a disaster.

By your logic, if i won $10m in  a lottery tomorrow i shouldn't feel good about it, because hell, that pales in comparison to the $50m someone else won the week before. 

If you spent  25m on that lottery ticket? 

rollsafe.gif

8 hours ago, SteveJaros said:

Objective means "on its own terms". Even for a movie that cost $250m, a $95m opening weekend is pretty good. It's not great, but it's nowhere near a disaster.

By your logic, if i won $10m in  a lottery tomorrow i shouldn't feel good about it, because hell, that pales in comparison to the $50m someone else won the week before. 

1) worst analogy ever.

2) :winomg:

3) Using that 'formula' you like to go for [ CBM from studio A = CBM from Studio B + Animation from Studio B ],

this makes much more sense: Thor3 (D) = JL (WB) + Ninjago (WB) 

than JL (WB) = Thor3 (D) + Coco (D)

(I say that as someone's who's fav studio is WB)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, eddyxx said:

THIS IS WB EXECS ON MONDAY MORNING

so-thats-it-huh-we-sum-kinda-suicide-stu

WB working overtime Saturday night, trying to figure out what estimates they'll be putting out tomorrow.

Guess is, if it ends up around $97, no doubt they fudge it up as $100.1 or something like that to save some face, kind of like what they did with BVS's initial weekend estimate of $170.1 so that they could say it had beaten DH2, though actuals only ended up $166.

https://www.cinemablend.com/new/One-Box-Office-Record-Batman-V-Superman-Couldn-t-Beat-121187.html

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, eddyxx said:

This post and gif just make me wonder what BKB is saying right now.

I can imagine he's insanely pleased about these results. 

Ha, ha, this just proves that Marvel is the almighty, and DC is horrible, suck it you liberals. Millennials ruin everything. 

20 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Let's just say he won't BRB soon

He won't be making any long term visits to this place anymore. Good riddance too! 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1