DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

6 minutes ago, Chewy said:

A truly iconic BO performance, this thread was hardly even derailed. Justice League's opening shall live on in the annals of history

And when the time comes, we will all leave this thread in a similar manner to Cogman leaving the submarine in Transformers: The Last Knight.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Well my wife just informed me that 5 star restaurants do completely change their menu frequently.

But...

5 star restaurant = quality Oscar bait

Texas Roadhouse = mega popular franchises, successful original

Applebees = okay franchises

Burger King = dying franchises

You can't expect Oscar bait (5 star restaurants) to dominate the industry.

This analogy makes zero sense.

• Like 3

Just now, aabattery said:

And when the time comes, we will all leave this thread in a similar manner to Cogman leaving the submarine in Transformers: The Last Knight.

giphy.gif

Gonna finally watch Trans5ers this week, expect me to officially join the church of Cog shortly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

Yes.  I officially declare this thread a roaring success.

The key was to focus on the big blockbusters this weekend, The Star and Wonder.

Well, Wonder is a blockbuster (or at least headed towards that territory).

The Star actually didn't do so bad this weekend. If it survives Coco it could make a solid $40-45M against a $20M budget.

Just now, filmlover said:

Well, Wonder is a blockbuster (or at least headed towards that territory).

The Star actually didn't do so bad this weekend. If it survives Coco it could make a solid $40-45M against a $20M budget.

Not what Sony were hoping for by putting it in 2800 cinemas the weekend before Thanksgiving. 

In Australia JL is being pulled from large format screens from Thursday and Ragnarok put back in.

Clarification Edit:Where a theatre has 2 VMAX screens JL is staying on 1 and the other is going to a mixture of TR, DH2 and MOTOE

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

90’s are the best for me too. 

Teen slasher revival (Scream, H20, I Know, Urban Legend), Jurassic Park, Edward Scissorhands, Sixth Sense, Titanic, Batman Returns, Thelma and Louise, Pretty Woman, Hocus Pocus, Cruel Intentions, My Girl, Empire Records, Stepmom, Candyman, The Faculty, Blair Witch Project, The Craft, Deep Blue Sea, Drop Dead Fred, Jawbreaker. 

BUT I think it all depends on when you were born. I was born in 1987 and these were the films I grew up with. Nostalgia, video stores, rentals etc.

Does anyone remember renting a video for the weekend and watching it more than once when you were a kid??!! Amazing. 

I was born in the seventies, lived the eighties as a kid but I can still see that the seventies (and not the eighties) was the best decade in everything. The nineties, though, horrific and not just for movies.