DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

13 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

BvS made over $81 million on opening day and JLA is about to make half or less. That is about the most mindblowing collapse in box office history. 

It's pretty much a box office drop that I didn't even see coming. BVS's reception did a number on Justice League, more then anyone might admit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

How soon does KK fire Terrio from Episode IX?

Sight unseen (for a couple more hours), I wouldn't lay too much of the blame at Chris Terrio's feet. Zack Snyder has always struck me as a very-involved director on a storytelling level (ditto for Joss Whedon), so I wouldn't be surprised if he had a ton of input and veto power over the scripts for all the DCEU films he's helmed.

The heavy duty pushers of this movie (Braniac 5 and company) there have pretty much written off the domestic market and have moved to the International JL thread and are pushing the "China Will Save It" card.

JL seems to have opened pretty soft in Europe as well as the US.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DAR said:

Tbh I'm more invested in  Blck Panther Deadpool2 and Incredibles 2 than IW next year 

The Incredibles 2 is my most anticipated superhero film of 2018. I can't wait to see what the Parr family has been up to.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

The Incredibles 2 is my most anticipated superhero film of 2018. I can't wait to see what the Parr family has been up to.

Great. We finally get a good Fantastic Four film.....

Serouosly, The Incredibles is much closer to the feel and flavor of the Original Fantastic Four comics then any of the movie versions. Incredibles might be my favorite Pixar movie except for the first two Toy Story films. Looking forward like crazy to the Second one.

Edited by dudalb

4 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

The Incredibles 2 i feel is the first Pixar sequel since Toy Story 2 that i think makes sense not only from a box office perspective, but also from a storytelling one. Theres just so much more that you can do in this world with these characters.

Just now, dudalb said:

Great. We finally get a good Fantastic Four film.....

Serouosly, The Incredibles is much closer to the feel and flavor of the Original Fantastic Four comics then any of the movie versions. Incredibles might be my favorite Pixar movie except for the first two Toy Story films. Looking forward like crazy to the Second one.

You mean the second good Fantastic Four film. :D

I enjoy The Incredibles both as animated film, and also a tribute to superheroes and big comic-booky properties. The original was released before the big "comic-book / superhero" craze of recent years, so I expect the sequel to do quite well, unless it's a disappointment, which, well lets hope it isn't. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The heavy duty pushers of this movie (Braniac 5 and company) there have pretty much written off the domestic market and have moved to the International JL thread and are pushing the "China Will Save It" card.

China? JL is only going to increase by $20M max to what BvS made. Won't matter when JL will gross at least $30M less in North America (and that's being conservative). 

10 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The movie is opening soft pretty much everywhere except Brazil and China.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

The Incredibles 2 i feel is the first Pixar sequel since Toy Story 2 that i think makes sense not only from a box office perspective, but also from a storytelling one. Theres just so much more that you can do in this world with these characters.

Superhero movies usually make the best choices for franchises, since they're so much stories you can draw from, and while The Incredibles doesn't have that same kind of "lore", I still think there's a lot they can do with the sequel. 

Edited by Fancyarcher