DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

19 hours ago, Barnack said:

That one is easy to imagine the over 25 female quadrant that went in drove for Wonder woman:

Screen Engine/ComScore’s updated PostTrak shows more women than men watching Wonder Woman, 53% to 47%. Older women over 25 are still the predominant quad at 35%

IF that movie do not reach 103m, expect that quadrant to be much smaller, even if the movie does 115m I would not be surprised if that quadrant would make less than 36.05m of the box office. Justice League is much more geeky/nerdy in comparison.

Wonder Woman attracted audience that do not usually go see Superheroes movie at the theater, and that was not just about Wonder Woman being in the movie, being the main protagonist was a main reason for them to show up, grounded in some reality setting with WW1, the romance, the reviews and so on. It will not have a lower Thursday previews, but maybe a lower weekend (would be surprising if he does not reach 110m, but who knows).

@Harpospoke

Has expected it is the female over 25 that felt down.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/justice-league-opening-weekend-box-office-lower-thor-ragnarok-wonder-the-star-1202211094/

Also, realize that the Gal Gadot quotient could be slow to show up here. Older women were there for Wonder Woman during opening weekend, with PostTrak showing females 25+ (37%), followed by guys over 25 (34%), females under 25 (17%), and men under 25 (12%). However, the share of women grew over time for Wonder Woman. Gadot’s Wonder Woman does have her moments in the movie.

For Justice League last night, PostTrak showed men over 25 in bulk (41%), men under 25 (25%), females over 25 (21%) and females under 25 (14%).

Female over 25 went from 37% to 21%.

Wonder woman OW estimated box office by demographic:

M+25: $35.105

F+25: $38.203

M-25: $12.390

F-25: $17.553

If Justice league open at 97m and keep those ratio (I imagine they could mode quite a bit during the weekend, but a rough estimate):

M+25: $39.770

F+25: $20.370

M-25: $24.250

F-25: $13.580

Justice League is much more popular with male under 25 (double is box office) a bit more popular with older men (around 15% better), but does not make up for the giant 18m fall from woman over 25 (a 46% drop) and the one with woman under 25 (22% drop).

Edited by Barnack
  • Thanks 4

20 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Ah yes, Age Of Ultron, everyone s favourite 1,4 B WW underperformer.

:bash:

What is really baffling is how Joss Whedon seems to talk about it like a failure, like he was so miserable doing it being chained and impeded as an Artist, he had to go out in exile from Hollywood. Holy crap, get a grip. Embarassment of riches.

It was hilarious how Taika turned all of his stupid artistic decisions made in AoU (because of mandatory shared universe continuity) into something worth a chuckle in Ragnarok.

Edited by dashrendar44

Just now, dashrendar44 said:

What is really baffling is how Joss Whedon seems to talk about it like a failure, like he was so miserable doing it being chained and impeded as an Artist, he had to go out in exile from Hollywood. Holy crap, get a grip. Embarassment of riches.

It was hilarious how Taika turned all of his stupid artistic decisions made in AoU because of mandatory shared universe continuity into something worth a chuckle in Ragnarok.

I think his sensitive ego was more hurt by the fans calling him out on the sexist treatment of Black Widow than anything else. 

19 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

The message is do solo films with talented directors that can appeal to everyone, not just the hardcore DC fanatics who look for every comic book panel & easter egg (like me) :P

... should have been obvious from the start, but I'm not a corporate CEO. :)

Marvel does seem to have hit that sweet spot in that they keep the fanboys happy but without alienating the general audience.

One reason is that the easter eggs for the fans in the MCU are done very subtely, the fanboys will pick up on them but the General Audience is totally unaware anything is going  on. The DC films easter eggs are generally a lot clumsier, the GA knows there is something going on they don't get.

4 hours ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I can't wait for Aquaman, easily my most anticipated film for next holiday season.

Also, somebody better give me a good Wizard of OZ sequel eventually.

They already made one.

YzckQvU.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-20618-1362003567-2.

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1