WrathOfHan

Monday Numbers: Justice League 7.5M | Wonder 4M | Thor 2.5M

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I suspect Infinity War 1 will be between Civil War and Age of Ultron.

As for WW, I feel it's a bit useless to speculate without knowing what exchange rates are like compared to 2016. But I would imagine it's gonna get some big bumps in Asia.

WW?

51 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I have my doubts about Deadpool 2. Is it gonna be another Kingsman 2 or is it gonna be another GOTG 2? 

Do you mean in terms of the quality/enjoyment of the film?

Otherwise financially the Kingsman franchise hasn't done bad.

Kingsman 2 crosses $100m domestic this Thanksgiving weekend. WW it's at $394m

The first one did roughly $130m domestic. WW it did $414m, a smaller drop.

I don't see a 30% drop as a horrid, could've been better. I'd wager we get one more.

• Like 2

Kingsman 2 is gonna fall 22ish% from the first domestically, and only 2 or 3% worldwide.

Kingsman is probably gonna finish with about $100m DOM and $305m OS for $405m WW. Almost four times its budget. We're getting a third.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Personally I find the dogpiling wearying. And I don’t really care for the glee expressed when people are gonna lose jobs. But a movie is not an emotional being, it’s a bunch of ones and zeroes on a hard disk. As long as people don’t go after other people personally (whether it’s the filmmakers or fans) and stick to the numbers, it’s fine. 

Well the thought of Ratpac taking a big hit is still a silver lining.

Keeping colleges open on Wednesday is such a dumbass decision. My college didn't close until Thursday last year, and the campus was DEAD on Wednesday. They're closing tomorrow this year.

Edited by WrathOfHan

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Keeping colleges open on Wednesday is such a dumbass decision. My college didn't close until Thursday last year, and the campus was DEAD on Wednesday. They're closing tomorrow this year.

*raises hand

In Canada, I have a calculus test on Friday :(

6 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Thor Ragnarok now $50m away from the next milestone.

It should make it but it will be close. The weekend after this holiday weekend will see huge hits for all holdovers. That will leave one more weekend for the film to make any sizable gross because TLJ will suck the marketplace dry during the next weekend.

4 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

It should make it but it will be close. The weekend after this holiday weekend will see huge hits for all holdovers. That will leave one more weekend for the film to make any sizable gross because TLJ will suck the marketplace dry during the next weekend.

No, it will easily make it.

• Thanks 1