CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

Here's my official entirely spoiler-free review:

"Confession: When I went to see LAST JEDI I found myself glancing at my watch almost as often as I did when I was sitting through the truly terrible movie JURASSIC WORLD.

LAST JEDI is not a truly terrible movie. It's a nice movie. It's not, by any means, as nice as TFA. It's not as fresh and funny and surprising and witty, but it is nice and inoffensive and, in a way that no one associated with it need be ashamed of, it's also silly. It's a big, expensive, time-consuming, essentially mechanical operation."

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

11 minutes ago, Lor San Tele said:

Here's my official entirely spoiler-free review:

"Confession: When I went to see LAST JEDI I found myself glancing at my watch almost as often as I did when I was sitting through the truly terrible movie JURASSIC WORLD.

LAST JEDI is not a truly terrible movie. It's a nice movie. It's not, by any means, as nice as TFA. It's not as fresh and funny and surprising and witty, but it is nice and inoffensive and, in a way that no one associated with it need be ashamed of, it's also silly. It's a big, expensive, time-consuming, essentially mechanical operation."

You say inoffensive, but there are some pretty negative reactions from fans. Audience score is already down to 69% on RT, which is shocking given the response to its predecessor (89% after 2 years) and the fact critics are raving about this one. Just curious to see if that low audience score is simply overreaction by fanboys and maybe the more laid back general audience voters on RT will push it back up over the next few weeks. But we'll see how it goes.

I think "inoffensive" is a good word to use with Force Awakens. The movie was a rehash of previous movies and did nothing to piss off anyone, unless you are a person who believes the rehash itself is offensive. For the most part I think very very few were offended by it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

You say inoffensive, but there are some pretty negative reactions from fans. Audience score is already down to 69% on RT, which is shocking given the response to its predecessor (89% after 2 years) and the fact critics are raving about this one. Just curious to see if that low audience score is simply overreaction by fanboys and maybe the more laid back general audience voters on RT will push it back up over the next few weeks. But we'll see how it goes.

I think "inoffensive" is a good word to use with Force Awakens. The movie was a rehash of previous movies and did nothing to piss off anyone, unless you are a person who believes the rehash itself is offensive. For the most part I think very very few were offended by it. 

I used quotes cuz it's not really my review... nor is it even for LAST JEDI.

:ph34r: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, Lor San Tele said:

Hide contents

I used quotes cuz it's not really my review... nor is it even for LAST JEDI.

:ph34r: 

I didn’t think it made sense in relation to your other posts 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Did your podcast friend see it yet? 

Yeah but not with me, no idea what he thinks. The podcast will be fun (probably full video of us too)

Gotta be honest, I did not dig it. It didn't even occur to me before hand that I could not like this movie as much as I do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Yeah but not with me, no idea what he thinks. The podcast will be fun (probably full video of us too)

Gotta be honest, I did not dig it. It didn't even occur to me before hand that I could not like this movie as much as I do. 

The spoilers I've read do not sound good. One in particular seems like it will piss off even general audiences, but I am curious to see how it plays out on the screen. Find out for myself on Sunday afternoon. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

The spoilers I've read do not sound good. One in particular seems like it will piss off even general audiences, but I am curious to see how it plays out on the screen. Find out for myself on Sunday afternoon. 

May the force be with you.

Sunday afternoon is round 2 for me. 

• Like 1