CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

3 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Enjoy those Transformers movies you love so much.  Lol.  

I do enjoy them.  I mean, you say stuff like this as though it's an insult to me.  :sparta:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm hoping the preview number can get up to 46M. 200M isn't impossible with 45M, but it needs to be less frontloaded than TFA with that number. 46M with TFA holds gets it to 200M, and if it somehow falls short, Disney will fudge it. 

I think it'll be closer to 48.

• Like 2

45+ would be a great start.  Definitely felt much more quiet at my theater than 2 years ago.  Actually, it was pretty much night and day crowd wise, which makes 45 seem so good.

The movie itself ... well, I certainly side closer to @Christmas baumer than some of the other reactions.  Didn't hate it at all, but man I left feeling underwhelmed considering the reviews and reaction from critics.   Think I liked TFA better.

• Like 2

Dec 15: 200M (86.3M weekdays, 286.3M Total)

Dec 22: 70.2M (101.8M weekdays, 458.3M Total)

Dec 29: 79.5M (96.1M weekdays, 633.9M Total)

Jan 5: 51.7M (12.3M weekdays, 697.9M Total)
Jan 12: 20.7M (10.5M weekdays, 729.1M Total)

Jan 19: 12.6M (4M weekdays, 745.7M Total)

Jan 26: 7.2M (2.5M weekdays, 755.4M Total)

Feb 2: 3.6M (1.5M weekdays, 760.5M Total)

Feb 9: 2.3M (900k weekdays, 763.7M Total)

Feb 16: 1M (300k weekdays, 765M Total)

Final Total: 768M (3.84x)

Not sure how good this forecast is simply because we haven't had Christmas fall on a Monday in 11 years, but yeah.

• Like 1

I gave up on spoilers cause the wife and inwont see it till new years if at all in theaters (hard to see films with a new baby lol). 

45 is great, much better than I was expecting given the rather ho-hum attitude that the media has had to reporting it's gross. Don't get me wrong, it has/had amazing presales but the distinct lack of comparison articles had me thinking mid 30s.