CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

46 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

It’s down to 73% now. It really seems to be super fans upset about the direction it took. Apparently it’s the end of Star Wars lmao. Also saw some reviews calling for Rian Johnson to be fired. I wonder what the CinemaScore will be...

Seeing a pretty mixed response on other forums too. We will see how it shakes out over the next couple weeks. Audience WOM should be pretty obvious by that point. 

• Like 1

FWIW there was applause at my showing at the end.  Though I did overhear someone bitching and comparing it to the prequels on my way out.

Think it's going to be a hit with the General Audience, though.  Just seems to be a crowd pleaser when all is said and done.

--

For those curious, the Opening Night Fan Event bonus footage was a BTS mini-documentary/ interview with John Williams aired before the start of the movie.  Nice, but I don't know if it was 10 dollars extra nice. :) 

• Haha 1

Just now, Porthos said:

FWIW there was applause at my showing at the end.  Though I did overhear someone bitching and comparing it to the prequels on my way out.

Think it's going to be a hit with the General Audience, though.  Just seems to be a crowd pleaser when all is said and done.

--

For those curious, the Opening Night Fan Event bonus footage was a BTS mini-documentary/ interview with John Williams aired before the start of the movie.  Nice, but I don't know if it was 10 dollars extra nice. :) 

It seems to comes down to the movie is made more for GA rather than extreme fanboys who don’t like the direction the film took the series. 

20 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Getting riled over a bloody Star Wars film is hilarious.

Some people really need to reassess their lives.

Yes. Everyone should have no emotional response to anything. 

Beep boop the future is now.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

It seems to comes down to the movie is made more for GA rather than extreme fanboys who don’t like the direction the film took the series. 

I'm an 'extreme fanboy' so I wouldn't paint with a broad brush there.  :)

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I'm an 'extreme fanboy' so I wouldn't paint with a broad brush there.  :)

Well I didn’t mean all fanboys. By extreme I meant those that can take their love of the series a little too far. Sorry if you took offense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rman823 said:

Well I didn’t mean all fanboys. By extreme I meant those that can take their love of the series a little too far. Sorry if you took offense.

Just think people might have taken it the wrong way, iz all.  Especially if they're already pissed for REASONS.

Glad to see the clarification. :)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ReyReyBattery said:

Moderation:

Keep any and all discussion regarding the plot and what-not to the relevant threads, please.

Spoiler

vader is lukes father

• Disbelief 2

Just now, Lor San Tele said:

Not many franchises will get three rounds of applause by the time the opening title hits (especially when they don't have cold opens).

post ur thoughts in the spoiler thread old man

4 minutes ago, Lor San Tele said:

Not many franchises will get three rounds of applause by the time the opening title hits (especially when they don't have cold opens).

There were 443 people in my screening. We had boos when the screen went dark for a few seconds only for another ad to appear. Then there were at least 2 rounds of applause. 

• Like 2