CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

2 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

And Empire made a really good point that the longer run time would have affected the amount of viewings on Thursday.

Yes. It definitely didn't seem to have as many - something noted in the tracking thread several times. 

Edit: although it is not effecting the rest of the weekend much. 

Edited by narniadis
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

I'm Vader, Tele and Water Bottle are the Emperor and they will be here tomorrow and they are not as forgiving as I.

From my point of view:

Tele - Obi Wan

Shawn - Yoda

CJohn - Lando

Grim - Boba Fett

Water Bottle - R2 D2

Baumer - Han Solo

AA Battery - Chewbacca 

Dee Cee - Luke

I would compare a mod to C-3PO but I don't wanna get banned. :sparta:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Only people who do not understand box office and the enormity that was TFA.  Everyone else was sane knowing it would come down. As it stands right now if sunday holds like force than the only real difference will be the previews. 

That’s the problem with the Internet today though. Variety, HR, and Deadline all know what’s up but then you have random idiotic sites that I knew this would happen - if it fell from the biggest movie ever at all it would somehow be painted as a failure. Most people don’t know shit about box office and shouldn’t write about it lol

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lor San Tele said:

Theater did something weird I've never seen before. After all the trailers, they played a Coke ad and then immediately started the movie. Really annoying.

Weird, they've been doing that shit for a long time. You go to a Regal-owned theater? 

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

From my point of view:

Tele - Obi Wan

Shawn - Yoda

CJohn - Lando

Grim - Boba Fett

Water Bottle - R2 D2

Baumer - Han Solo

AA Battery - Chewbacca 

Dee Cee - Luke

This is disturbingly accurate. AndyLL is Mace Windu, btw. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, grey ghost said:

From my point of view:

Tele - Obi Wan

Shawn - Yoda

CJohn - Lando

Grim - Boba Fett

Water Bottle - R2 D2

Baumer - Han Solo

AA Battery - Chewbacca 

Dee Cee - Luke

Okay this made me:

Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif?fit=40

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, MrGamer2558 said:

Weird, they've been doing that shit for a long time. You go to a Regal-owned theater? 

Nope that is Cinemark all the way, I go to 4 to 5 movies a week and am absolutely sick of that "ad" that plays before the movies, after the previews....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

That’s the problem with the Internet today though. Variety, HR, and Deadline all know what’s up but then you have random idiotic sites that I knew this would happen - if it fell from the biggest movie ever at all it would somehow be painted as a failure. Most people don’t know shit about box office and shouldn’t write about it lol

Sometimes I don't think we all realize how much we all know about the box office.  Yes, we get a lot of stuff wrong, but we dissect this stuff 24 hours a day.  We know infinitely more than he casual person who gets their info from the morning radio program.  So yes, it's true, most people don't know shit about the box office.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

For once we agree on something lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lor San Tele said:

It was a Cinemark. First time they've done it there (though I've probably been there only about a dozen times). 

1 minute ago, WilliamK99 said:

Nope that is Cinemark all the way, I go to 4 to 5 movies a week and am absolutely sick of that "ad" that plays before the movies, after the previews....

Hmm, that's weird. I know Regal theaters do that crap now too. Killed my hype boner between the Infinity War trailer and when TLJ started. 

1 minute ago, Christmas baumer said:

Sometimes I don't think we all realize how much we all know about the box office.  Yes, we get a lot of stuff wrong, but we dissect this stuff 24 hours a day.  We know infinitely more than he casual person who gets their info from the morning radio program.  So yes, it's true, most people don't know shit about the box office.

I was going to edit my reply to JLB and say the same but you beat me to it / did it better. We all start out knowing nothing somewhere. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lor San Tele said:

It was a Cinemark. First time they've done it there (though I've probably been there only about a dozen times). 

I went to the opening night fan event at Cinemark and got a featurette on the music of Star Wars with John Williams.  Was very neat and a great lead in to the movie.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

From my point of view:

Tele - Obi Wan

Shawn - Yoda

CJohn - Lando

Grim - Boba Fett

Water Bottle - R2 D2

Baumer - Han Solo

AA Battery - Chewbacca 

Dee Cee - Luke