CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

3 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

doubt it breaks the Saturday record, one of records TFA didn't achieve

Yep, that would require almost 70 million.  That seems like a stretch.

• Like 2

Just now, Christmas baumer said:

I'm not usually up this late, but I worked late tonight so here I am.

And I am finally finding a moment to read some of the thread since worm has been Cray. Having another little one means no peace until late lol :rofl:

Glad you are around though. And terribly sad you did not like Jedi since our tastes tend to align... 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, grey ghost said:

That's pretty merciful since he was pushing for a suicide by mod, perma-ban.

I'm Vader, Tele and Water Bottle are the Emperor and they will be here tomorrow and they are not as forgiving as I.

• Like 8
  • Astonished 1

On 12/14/2017 at 3:44 PM, Porthos said:

Over/Under: 

Thread Bans 4.5

Forum Bans 1.5

Over and Under respectively are looking pretty good right now. RebWGyw.png

(Though if a forum tempban is handed out in a certain other thread which shall remain nameless, I think it should count toward this one in spirit. :ph34r:)

Edited by Porthos

3 hours ago, narniadis said:

And I am finally finding a moment to read some of the thread since worm has been Cray. Having another little one means no peace until late lol :rofl:

Glad you are around though. And terribly sad you did not like Jedi since our tastes tend to align... 

I'm going to give it another go tomorrow.  Hopefully my opinion will change, but sadly, knowing what it is that bothers me about the movie, I don't think it will change drastically.

• Like 1

Reading certain sites, you would think TLJ is having a disastrous opening as it is lagging behind TFA, but did anyone think it would match the box office of TFA? IMO, film is doing just fine, I don't think Disney execs are losing any sleep over this unless it is to count their money.... 

Edited by WilliamK99
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

3 hours ago, WilliamK99 said:

Reading certain sites, you would think TLJ is having a disastrous opening as it is lagging behind TFA, but did anyone think it would match the box office of TFA? IMO, film is doing just fine, I don't think Disney execs are losing any sleep over this unless it is to count their money.... 

Fine?

Fine?

It's going to have the second biggest opening of all time and it's on pace to fall by about 10% from the record opening of the most anticipated film of all time.

Fine isn't the word I would use.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WilliamK99 said:

Only people who do not understand box office and the enormity that was TFA.  Everyone else was sane knowing it would come down. As it stands right now if sunday holds like force than the only real difference will be the previews. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, WilliamK99 said:

TLJ is doing way more then just fine. Having the second biggest opening is no easy accomplishment, SW or no SW.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, narniadis said:

Only people who do not understand box office and the enormity that was TFA.  Everyone else was sane knowing it would come down. As it stands right now if sunday holds like force than the only real difference will be the previews. 

And Empire made a really good point that the longer run time would have affected the amount of viewings on Thursday.

• Like 3

Back from my second showing.

Theater did something weird I've never seen before. After all the trailers, they played a Coke ad and then immediately started the movie. Really annoying.

In terms of TLJ, I liked it a lot the first time and even more the second time around. 

There was an R2-D2 in the lobby and people were posing for pics (I couldn't resist). A little girl, maybe 4 years old, came down the stairs in a Rey costume and just gasped when she saw Artoo, it was adorable. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1