CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

32 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

The new Wrinkle in Time trailer looks far more promising. Confident in 200+ now. 

It will be really impressive if Disney could manage 12 big movies making + $200M in sequence

SMH - Ragnarok - Coco - TLJ - Black Panther - Wrinkle - IW - Solo - Incredibles 2 - Ant Man - Ralph 2 - Mary Poppins

• Like 3

7 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Again, please provide any actual statistical evidence that it is "clearly" divisive.  

I have plenty of actual data that it isn't clearly divisive (box office, critics reviews, critics aggregate, ComScore data, Cinemascore grade).  

Not going to let this slide from anyone unless you can submit something to back these claims up that isn't anecdotal.  

I have to admit, most of the people I have spoken to IRL have pretty much loved it.  I have one friend who felt the way I did and there's a few of the members here who I chat with on what's app, who also felt anywhere from mild disappointment to massive anger like me.  But the majority of people who have seen it that I know, loved it.  

I hope the multiplier is over 3.5.  I hope it does more than 800....I hope the box office is staggering. 

I just wish I liked it more.  

• Like 11

1 hour ago, KJsooner said:

I stick by what I said. All those thousands of hours reading Star Wars books, comics, and tons of hours playing Star Wars video games were for not. 

I don’t know if know if this is worth it, but here I go. 

I call such bullshit. 

Like, if you are truly that upset, I sympathize. I went through a similar meltdown during Marvel’s Nazi Cap storyline.

Yet. 

One movie or storyline can’t ruin your childhood or end a love affair with a 40 year old IP. There is too much content. Go find what you love about Star Wars and embrace it.  And if you can’t find it in canon, there is this little website called Archive of Your Own. I am sure they have the stories you are looking for. 

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 2

So I'm glancing at showtimes tomorrow for a few theaters in Sacramento.

Woof.

----

I'll go back to Century Arden simply coz I like using it.

Sunday Tickets Left Sacramento Century Arden:

8:15am (2D)   SOLD OUT 

8:45am (2D)   13/233 

9:55am (2D)   SOLD OUT

11:45am (2D) SOLD OUT

12:50pm (2D) SOLD OUT

2:00pm (2D)   SOLD OUT

3:45pm (2D)   16/233

4:55pm (2D)   3/161

6:45pm (2D)   8/110

7:15pm (2D)   19/233

7:50pm (2D)   11/161

9:00pm (2D)   23/110

10:15pm (2D)  41/110

11:20pm(2D)   101/161

11:55pm (2D)  128/161

9:20am (3D)   11/161

10:30am (3D) 10/110

12:15pm (3D) 18/233

1:45pm (3D)   2/161

4:20pm (3D)   8/161

5:30pm (3D)   17/110

8:25pm (3D)   32/161

10:45pm (3D)  162/233

Only after 10pm do the tickets really become plentiful.  Wouldn't be surprised to see every showing before 10pm become a sellout tomorrow at that complex.

• Like 3

Hope that Empires 69ish is where it lands although a part of me would be cheering to see it top 70m. Anything over 65m is a win though, through and through great weekend for tracking big numbers. 

Now the rest of the films in play :gold: expected but still terrible Fridays. Hope Coco in particular can recover over sat/sun. Ferdinand chose the wrong weekend to open plain and simple. 

• Like 4

Why can’t I buy tickets still for one week from now with Regal?! Jeez this is annoying. I’m going with my girlfriend’a Grandpa to TLJ for his first time next Saturday. He saw TFA and Rogue One in theaters without me ha ha and he hadn’t seen a single movie at a theater since Avatar! And before that he said Titanic. No joke. I said wow I guess he literally only sees the highest grossing movies ever made (until Rogue One). 

3 hours ago, narniadis said:

I honestly dont know whether to laugh or be afraid of how on top of the ban hammer yall have been this weekend. :ph34r:

I'm not usually up this late, but I worked late tonight so here I am.

• Like 2