CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

2 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

The Lion King at best plays like The Jungle Book. But Beauty & The Beast this year proved that anything could happen!

See that's the thing though. BATB ended up being a 4 quad film and got to around 174....TLK is obviously much bigger with boys/males but how much can it really rise for a story that's already been told? 

It will be interesting to watch the lead up to it. I'm sure the first teaser will be gigantic and break some records.

5 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Hopefully they get to keep the jobs.

I'm hoping that Disney gives them jobs, or at least doesn't disband Blue Sky entirely, but after Ferdinand not doing so great, I'm legit worried. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

See that's the thing though. BATB ended up being a 4 quad film and got to around 174....TLK is obviously much bigger with boys/males but how much can it really rise for a story that's already been told? 

It will be interesting to watch the lead up to it. I'm sure the first teaser will be gigantic and break some records.

The teaser will probably come out late next summer or next holiday season. Since isn’t it coming out in 2019? 

7 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

I'm hoping that Disney gives them jobs, or at least doesn't disband Blue Sky entirely, but after Ferdinand not doing so great, I'm legit worried. 

To be honest even though most likely due to animation anti trust laws may be sold, I feel that they’ll find jobs for the 500 employees effected and have them employed at WDAS or Pixar or they’ll fold it into DisneyToon and make it big enough. 

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

3 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

The teaser will probably come out late next summer or next holiday season. Since isn’t it coming out in 2019? 

Yeah I could see it launching as early as this summer. But it's coming in a year with so many other huge films. Episode 9, conclusion of IW, Frozen 2, etc.

4 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

To be honest even though most likely due to animation anti trust laws may be sold, I feel that they’ll find jobs for the 500 employees effected and have them employed at WDAS or Pixar or they’ll fold it into DisneyToon and make it big enough. 

My biggest fear is that Disney doesn't have positions for everyone at blue sky, and some people get fired. Hope I'm wrong though. My sister working for Disney could be neat. 

• Like 2