CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

3 hours ago, mredman said:

pissing of the (fanboys) thats basically the fanbase and thats their core demographic.

I’d argue that for many successful franchises and blockbusters, the main demographic would be the casual audience. Yeah you shouldn’t piss of your fanbase, but they’re not the determining factor for success. And in TLJ’s case, only part of the fanbase is pissed off. The other half likes the movie fine. 

Edited by Deja23
  • Like 4

Just now, EmpireCity said:

Rth is likely more accurate than me, but I would go with up to 69m if the west coast comes in strong again.  

Would be absolutely insane if it beat TFA's Saturday. And some were calling  this weekend boring :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Rth is likely more accurate than me, but I would go with up to 69m if the west coast comes in strong again.  

No way this beats TFA's first Saturday. I won't even set up my expectations that high only to end up disappointed.

• Like 1

Using the higher range cause it kept on increasing on Friday, 225 is the floor now?

105 + 67 + 53 (-21%) = 225

21% is well more than TFA's 11% drop on Sunday.

700 back on :sparta:

edit: Could be O/U Avatar. Disney vs Disney :ph34r:

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

Continuing that forecast into the week and next weekend:

33.2M (-45%)

31M (-7%)

31M (-)

27.9M (-10%)

123.1M weekdays, 355.2M Total

37.7M (+35%)

39.6M (+5%)

17.8M (-55%)

85.1M Weekend, 63% drop

Christmas Eve is about to fuck some shit up. However, the following weekend will drop 10-15% or even increase, so don't put much stock into a bad drop next week.

• Like 1